Saturday, 9 January 2010

Shabby daffodils

Well, I'm back as I promised, but I really shouldn't have stayed up this long... I didn't mean to either, but I got tempted by Just Us Girls #15 Technique Challenge - to use stitching, and I decided that I need machine-like stitching on my project. Done with a needle and a thread, because I don't own a sewing machine. The card turned out beautifully, but don't ask me how long it took me to do the stitching! lol

Photobucket

The card fits snugly into three more challenges:
- CCEE Stampers sketch,
- Crazy For Challenges Birthday challenge C4C19 (see the decorated inside below for the birthday part)
- WT252 - In With the NEW.
The latter one is about using something newly got/bought, or trying a new idea/technique. This lovely daffodil stamp from Flourishes is my New Year's gift, that I won before Christmas. I cannot begin to tell you how much I cherish these gorgeous new releases! Also, the lace is a Christmas gift from my mum, and to make things even more complete, this was my first attempt in hand-stitching the card machine-like style, and the first time that I decorated the inside! How's that for the requirements? :P
Here's how the inside look like:

Photobucket

Overally it turned out to be a lovely card :)
Recipe: Paper: digital printable, Stamp: Flourishes, Kaszazz (sentiment), Colouring medium: watercolour pencils (Belgrave) and blender pen.

Thank you for stopping by tonight, I'm off to get my precious little sleep...
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Chupa - inside & out! Your stitching looks perfect - especially around the oval! Your Daffodils are beautiful! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls - I hope you come back & play next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous card both inside and out! I especially love that beautiful ribbon/lace that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Your coloring and your stitching turned out beautifully :) Love the soft, natural colors- really gorgeous! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card, thanks for playing with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is GORGEOUS, thanks so much for playing a long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Chupa! Stunning :) And bless your heart for doing all that stitching by HAND!!! holy cannoli girl!

    Thanks so much for taking time (again) to play with Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous and refreshing...loving the lace details.....thanks for playing with the CCEE

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...this just knocked me over with a feather! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing with us at JUGs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So beautiful!! Thanks for playing with the CCEE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Chupa! I can't IMAGINE how long that took to sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is beautiful! Love the lacey ribbon and you did the inside, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Lovin' all the lace!! Thanks for participating in our CCEE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One word - STUNNING!!! Love everything from the colors to the main image! And of course, the reason for the challenge, the stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful! Great details and stitching!

    Greetings from Anne (Norway)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012