Thursday, 14 January 2010

Thursday's ramblings

Hello, I know I'm being late posting tonight. Mind you, I still had my day time activities circling around card making, but I didn't actually have time to create something until the evening.

The hard thing about it, is that I discovered a couple of TERRIFIC blogs earlier today, and saw so many mind-blowing designs there (no, it's not the hard part yet lol!), and after this gigantic dose of goodness, having have to wait with my craft time for this long was a torture!

There's one more aspect of discovering the incredible talents in the "industry", that I don't necessarily like - looking back at my own creations afterward, can give me a hard time!
I've got this feeling that so many times the key ingredient needed to "wow" the card escaped me. That it could just have been a wonderful project if... *insert the magical key ingredient here*
Comparing my projects with the "masterclass" makes me humble, but sometimes angry too. Because I'm a hopeless perfectionist, and I'd love to excel in everything. Talk about impossible lol.

Anyway, what was I..? Ahh, the new cards! I'm sorry, here they are...

My very simple OCC Thursday sketch (SASSC48) DT sample:
(hope you'll find time to hop over to Our Creative Corner to see the girls' wonderful creations, and play along!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: Paper: Grant, digital printable, Stamp: flower - frankly, I don't know - I grabbed it some time ago on a crop night, and forgot to ask about the brand :), sentiment: Kaszazz, Watercolour pencils (Belgrave), blender pen, the rest are bits & pieces from my stash

I'm also entering this one into TSG37 - Embelish x#3 (I've got ribbon, button & twine) & Color Throwdown #75, with the following colours:

Photobucket


I'm also having a very polka-dotty card for you:

Photobucket

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV, Paper: digital printables, Fiskars border punch, Stamp: Hero Arts, Watercolour pencils (Belgrave), blender pen, Cuttlebug machine with Swiss Dots embossing folder

It goes to WT253 - Where's the Birdie, and here's Taylor's sketch that I used:

Photobucket

Now I need to hit the bed, unfortunately... but I will certainly come back tomorrow with a new bunch of paper goodies!
Thanks for visiting &
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Cute, Chupa! I know exactly what you mean about being a frustrated perfectionist stamper....even if I had all the time in the world, I would still not have time to do all I want, the way I want, using all the stamps I want...there would always be something greater to which to strive. Ah, but the fun is in getting there! Enjoy the ride and thanks for playing CTD with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful cards from you, Chupa!! I love the beautifully colored flower on the CTD one! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coloring on that waterlily! The brad you used is gorgeous too! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are on a roll!! The coloring is fantastic on CTD card. Don't spend too much time comparing--do your best and have fun!! You can make yourself miserable cause there is always going to be someone better than each one of us!! Sorry I sound like a mom--probably because I tell my daughter this all the time. She makes herself so miserable by just comparing herself to others and not looking at all she is blessed with. I am sure you really don't do that....we all need to vent at time....just couldn't help but send out a reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Your coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are fantastic and your coloring is awesome!! you do simple AWESOME!!, that is something i just can't get the hang of and want to so bad. so you just keep showing me how ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bardzo, bardzo piękne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are fabulous Chupa! Great take on both sketches!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fabulous! You do a terrific job with your designs! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful job, I love the flower! Thanks for playing along in the TSG Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012