Sunday, 17 January 2010

Botanical & whimsy

Woohoo, I had an exceptionally early craft time today!! I'm glad I did, for this means that I'll have the pleasure to stamp twice today - I ain't going to resign from my evening session! :)
To my amazement, the cards that I made took me half the time that I'd usually spend on them. It must be a good day for my mojo :)
Here they are:

The first card is my take on Karen's fresh sketch. Again, she came out with a fantastic design - both for the sketch and her sample.
I used the colours of Color Throwdown #75:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Lincraft, DCWV; papers: digital printables; ribbon: Sullivans; Fiskars border punch; Cuttlebug machine with Victoria embossing folder, deep red & green markers

The leafy branch and the sentiment are my designs - another project that I intend to improve & digitize in the future.

Another project is my first entry for the challenge blog that I discovered recently - Stampin' Royalty. Their Challenge #2 has some really... challenging colours, i must admit. I decided that I try and battle them anyway lol.
The layout is based on this great card by jdmommy, that I decided to case for FS154: Just Delightful (in RED)!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: Cardstock:DCWV; Paper: digital printable; Fiskars border punch; needle (for piercing); stamps: Tim Holtz (flower), Hero Arts (sentiment); ink: ColorBox Dark Peony, Wisteria, Peach Pastel

Lastly, I made a card that doubles as a submission for some of the yummiest challenges that I already entered my projects into: CC252: Bermuda Celery Hunters!, OCC Color Challenge (blue & green) & our brand new sketch at Card Patterns:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock, papers: DCWV (including cut out flowers); needle; sentinment: Hero Arts

Thanks for stopping by, my dear crafty friends! I'm off to make dinner, and I shall be back shortly! :)
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card has such a beautiful image. Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these cards are wonderful., Thanks for sharing. And thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy and I'm glad. I love each and every one of these cards. You're making me want to get that border punch :-). And your own leaf and sentiment - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! You made three beautiful cards! Thanks so much for your faithful participation in the CTD! We love to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great color combos and I am so glad you shared them with us, I hope to get to try at least one

    ReplyDelete
  8. All 3 are beautiful!! I love the buttons on the CTD challenge card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three cards are amazing but I especially love your Stampin' Royalty card.
    Thank you so much for playing with us at SR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards! I love how you switched up the design of the card patterns sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful set of cards! Love the leaf one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you rock star! Making another card for the CP sketch. And two others to top it off. Where do you find time in the day for all this crafting?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012