Saturday, 13 February 2010

Ready for some JUGS?

LOL this abbreviation cracks me up! :)
I'm being a very happy Guest Designer for the month of February for Just Us Girls, and the new challenge has just launched! Here are the details:




I never heard about the split negative technique before, but I'm glad i was introduced to it - it's fun, fun fun!! There can be some spectacular effect created with it, provided that there's a nice & big stamp used. I decided to used my lovely Stamp-It stamp (OMG how awkward it sounds!)



Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; stamp: Stamp-It!, Paper Xtra (sentiment); ink: ColorBox Whisper Grey; Ancient Page Cobalt; ribbon: Sullivans; button& twine: stash

I also made two cards yesterday, but with the weekend approaching, I found myself having no time to share them with you earlier.
Here's the card I made for WT257 - Odds Are, and CAS53 - Candyland. I used this scrumptious lollipop from the Candy Crate store as my inspiration. It sooo reminds me of the goodies that I used to love as a child!



Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: DCWV; stamp: Kaisercraft (the sentiment is printed out); ink: ColorBox Ice Jade, Orchid Pastel, Peach Pastel, Vivid! Yellow; rhinestones: Kaisercraft

The other card is a much different style. It's made for GS#25:





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital printables; rub-ons: Wendy Irving; ink: Versa Color Umber; sewing machine; pearls: Rasberry; the rest is my stash (I don't remember where the flocked chipboard letter comes from...)

Voila, that's it for now! I wouldn't count on having anything new posted tomorrow, unfortunately. Not only it's another oh-so-leisure weekend *rolls eyes*, but I'm planning to finally reinstall Windows tomorrow. I keep my fingers crossed that it won't take too long...
I'm wishing your time is better spent this weekend,

17 comments:

  1. WOW you are FAST! These are all fabulous! I'm always drawn to the bright so love that You Warm my Heart card most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous, Chupa! I love the JUGs card and the stamp you used for it is perfect. The second one with the three flower pots is so bright and cheerful, and I love the style of the third one. All so different but certainly Chupa! Thanks so much for doing such a great job as JUGs guest designer and glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. magnificent cards...congrats on your guest dt'ing over at JUGS...I adore your Get Sketchy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 cards are beautiful Chupa! I love all the detail. I like how your butterfly image looks stamped using the split negative technique-that royal blue really pops off the white paper! Your second card looks very cheerful & springlike & I like the pearls & lace on your 3rd-looks so feminine! Thank you so much for joining Just Us Girls for the month of February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Iwona! I love all of these -- your split negative is perfect!!! That second card is just so cheery and bright and fun. The last one has a completely different feel than the others -- fabulous and feminine, the lace and pearls, and stitching, oh my! It's amazing to see the variation between your creations -- all fabulous, yet different styles -- LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iwona - all of your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! Each and every one is a perfect design!!! Congrats on being the JUGS Guest Designer!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous, Chupa! I ♥ them all :] Love the stark contrast on your very creative split negative card, and the fresh, springy look of the second, and the beautiful vintage look you achieved with the third. Just stunning, my dear :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whow I am so glad to stopped by my blog
    I realy like your work and your designs here
    you have done a beautiful job
    truly adore the Butterfly card
    Super GREAT
    thank you for visiting my blog and I promise to back to see your beautiful cards
    Happy Valentines day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice cards, Iwona!!! The styles are all so different, but all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Chupa!!! Love the split negative card! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful cards... as always!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards you have shared. THe butterfly stamp for the Just Us girls challenge is gorgeous and perfect for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! I love the rich colors on the split negative!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous stuff! Love your split negative, that blue is awesome! Your other two cards are rockin also. Those little pots are too cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your GS card!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! I've yet to try that split negative technique, but you've done a great job of it. It looks really effective. Love your Get Sketchy card too :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012