Sunday, 21 February 2010

Some CASing, some CASEing

That's right, I've got both for you today - and even more! :P In other words - some cards from yesterday's night session are asking to be published, so who am I not to make them justice? lol

Firstly, let me show you how I was inspired by the awesome Lark store, a theme for IC220. I didn't get to search around their website too much, for the announcement on the main page, about some beautiful Autumn stuff coming soon, immediately caught my attention. I have this lovely stamp that I bought long ago, but somehow didn't yet get to ink up, and I thought it would be perfect for the job. Although the image was chalked... I wanted to achieve a soft, muted finish.
Because of the stamp, I'm also entering the card into OCC's Try A New Tachnique. I'm not a newbie to chalking, but mixing several colours on one image is an exciting new thing that I've just discovered :)



Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers: digital printables; stamp: Grace Taylor (image), Flourishes (sentiment); ink: Versa Color Bark; decorative chalks: Pebbles; ribbon, button: stash

I've also got two (three, actually) different CASEs of jovialjudi's wonderful cards, for FS159: Everything's coming up Roses!!!! First one below was inspired by Judi's Embossed Thank You. My changes are: I used a single colour of chalk, and resigned from a scalloped edge for the sentiment. Of course, I also changed the stamp & folder for embossing, and the general colour scheme.
Now, there is a challenge at There She Goes (TSG42) that requires making two identical
cards, that use the same images, but different colours, so that one would be feminine, and the other masculine. This sounded fun enough, but I guess I chose a bit different path for conducting the task. The only image I used is a sentiment, but I really concentrated on the dry embossing. I used the same technique on both cards, but I swapped the folders, and chalked each in different colours. I hope the difference is obvious.

Here's my feminine version:



...and masculine:



Supplies for both cards: cardstock: Quill; Cuttlebug & Perfectly Paisley, Fleur De Lis embossing folders, decorative chalks: Pabbles; stamp: Flourishes; white gel pen

(I know I didn't line up the embossing folder too carefully on the second one... my bad!)

My next CASE is of Judi's Blessings card. These mighty colours immediately caught my attention, and the layout is also awesome! Thus I decided to stay as true to the inspiration piece as possible. I changed the paper & the image, and added a border punch.



Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, digital printable; stamps: Flourishes; ink: Grant; red marker; clear nail enamel (over the heart image); pearls: Kaisercraft; Fiskars border punch

I hope you like the lot! As always, I'm overjoyed with every lovely comment that you're leaving on these pages, so thank you so much for your interest & encouragement!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty! I love the soft texture that chalk creates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! Love the white and kraft paisley card! So simple and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iwona, all of these are fabulous! Beautiful colors and designs! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all just gorgeous, Iwona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards--and your cute little bug is even more beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012