Thursday, 11 February 2010

Time for some CAS!

This is my second post for today, so scroll down if you're interested to see what I've been cooking up earlier :)
I stated before that I'm heading towards the shabby look lately, more or less consciously. However, clean and simple style is always on top of my list, and I can't stop being amazed with how easily and quickly the most stunning effects can be achieved, provided that one has some neat idea up the sleeve ;)
Moreover, how cute are cards that are CAS and nicely distressed at the same time?
This is one fine marriage, and I've got a few (hopefully decent enough) examples to show you tonight.

Firstly I'd like to share with you the newest fun sketch over at our brand new OCC Sketch Blog, and my DT sample for it. I played with my freshly bought SU! stamps, and the yummy colours of Curtain Call Color Challenge.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Southworth, stamps: Stampin' Up! Season Of Friendship; ink: Versa Color Bark, Red, Versa Magic Cloud White; ribbon slide: DCWV; brown marker; string: stash

I swiped the edges of the kraft cardstock with white chalk ink, but unfortunately it's not too apparent - in the strong light subtle hues tend to disappear...

...and here's my night stamping crop.
My CASE of this STUNNING card by Barbara Anders - I love everything by her, but my goodness, what she can do with PTI sets is simply incredible!
Therefore my card goes to FS157 - Raise the Bar! & also CC257: Chocolate Durango Shadows, as I used these lovely colours.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: digital printable; stamps: Grace Taylor, Stampin' Up! Happy Harmony (sentiment); ink: Versa Color Celadon, Bark, Vivid! Brick, sewing machine; sand paper; ribbon: Creation Station; twine, glitter: stash

Note to myself: I should stop taking pictures in the evening light, the results are less than satisfactory...

My response to another awesome sketch by Mercy - MTSC60:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; stamps: Stampin' Up! Best Blossoms; ink: Color Box Whisper Grey, StazOn Jet Black, Versa Magic Midnight Black; ribbon: Sullivans; white gel pen; pearls: Kaisercraft; twine, metal buckle: stash

I outlined the stamped leaves with white pen, as the ink alone doesn't give this nice, crisp look. I think the effect is pretty neat :)

Lastly, I've got a runner up for the Spring DT search for the CAS challenges over at SCS. Do I need to tell you why I'd love to see my humble self there? :P

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; stamps: Stampin' Up! Definitely Decorative Regal Rose, Paper Xtra (sentiment); ink: Versa Color Red, StazOn Jet Black; Fiskars border punch; ribbon: stash

All I can say about this one is - no more 2-step stamping without a stamp positioner! LOL you don't want to know how many times I tried to line them up, and this is as close as I can get.
The good thing is, that the much needed tool will finally arrive somewhat next week *sigh of relief*

Sew... how did you like them? =D
Thanks for the much appreciated comments, as always - you're the best peeps out there!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Thud! These are amazing! I love the card for the OCC sketch today! WOW! Simple and stunning! I don't do simple well, and am in awe when I see it done as well as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! xo, Marian
    (www.StudioMbyMarian.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are all so lovely! I just got that SU tree set. Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card for OCC it is lovely.

    {hugs}
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, as always, Chupa! I love the tag with twine wrapping...and your use of the Curtain Call colors with that awesome OCC layout:) I'm off to work on that sketch myself! Thanks so much for sharing your talent and playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think they all are awesome! you totally rocked the CAS girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an amazing selection of cards! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to power stamp Iwona! LOVE each of your casing and the wonderful touch you added!

    Have a fun weekend! Happy Valentine's Day ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make my jaw drop! Love your Curtain Call card with the twine! And that perfect red bird is subtle and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Chupa! Don't have a favorite as they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous cards! Please check out my blog candy and NEW color combo challenge at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats...you're a Show Stopper! thanks for your inspiration to all of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey Chupa, will you send me your email address? thanks, gf!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012