Wednesday, 10 February 2010

The times are a -changin'...?

Hmm... for some time now I've been wondering whether I have my own style in card making, and frankly, I couldn't find one.
I remember some of my wonderful visitors stating before that I've got one, but if so, they better tell me what it was... :P
I think I'm slowly developing it, though - and it's going in quite a surprising direction...
As much as I adore cards with a touch of shabbiness, great detail and lots of layers, I was sure I'd rather end up with a clean and simple style, because it's quicker, easier, and often more eye catching (isn't it? ;))
Apparently my assumptions were not entirely spot-on, for some of you might have noticed, that I can't resist distressing almost every card lately. I just can't help it! lol
I also rediscovered buttons, and I'm absolutely mad for them... On top of this, I got myself a cute little sewing machine the other day, and as much as I grieve that it has only one style of seam, I'd be incorporating it in my project ever more often since.
Generally, I'm intrigued and amused with the process, since I never plan on the look of my cards too much...
Anyhoo, I'm here to bring you a fresh portion of "Chupa stuff", so here it is.

Another fun week with the Color Dare has come, and yet again, Riley gave us one scrumptious colours to work with! Below you can find my DT sample and an inspiration picture. Looks like fun? Come one, come all, and play along!
(Please note that some mischievous gremlin messed with the numbers, and so there should be CD#55 instead of CD#54 ;) )
I used Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch (SSSC55) for a base:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper, chipboard animal & letters: DCWV; alphabet sticker (question mark): Cloud9; ink: Versa Color Umber; Cuttlebug & Stars, Swiss Dots embossing folders; sand paper; buttons: stash

I've also played with a heavenly combo from Color Throwdown (CTD79), and used Sketch Challenge 267 on SCS to compliment it:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: digital printable, original origami paper, scrap parchment papers; staples, buttons, twine & cut out words: stash. The butterfly shapes have been cut by hand.

One more card, and yet another colour combo, this time for TSG41. The sketch comes from Tuesday Morning Sketches #32.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital printable; rub-ons: Fynmark; chipboard flower: Bella!; ribbon, lace, button, twine & fabric & paper flowers: stash

So what do you think? Thanks for all your lovely comments, and see you again soon! {hugs}
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. love the layered flowers and swirls on the TMS card. great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been one crafty lady! All of these cards are amazing and I love each individual style - perfectly done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are gorgeous! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful cards! I love the butterflies on the Throwdown card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! LOVE that CTD butterfly card!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are fantastic Iwona! I love your take on my sketch.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle with my "style" too! But I think having more than one style is normal! I can see lots of different "thinking" that went into each of these....and they're all wonderful! Thanks for incorporating the CTD colors into your butterfly card---LOVE those papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012