Sunday, 7 February 2010

Ugh! Another busy weekend...

I found myself making one card since morning today, and it's already eight in the evening.
In the meantime me & hubby were setting up a website, arranging passport for our 4 months old Zuzia (can you imagine they require a photo of such little bub? She'll be nothing like today when we'll need that passport in 3 months time! *rolls eyes*), and dealing with a multitude of other small things that naturally built up during the week.
I'm quite tired already, but seeing how behind I am with my favourite challenges, I'm also strongly committed to having some craft time tonight!

I'm bringing you joyous news though - my first week as a Guest Designer for February at Just Us Girls has just started! I'm so looking forward to a month of fun with these incredible ladies!
I hope I'll see you there, you don't want to miss all the goodness, that the DT created for your viewing pleasure!
So, here's the current challenge - a sketch, and my sample:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: digital printable; stamps: SU! Happy Harmony, Fiskars (for the butterfly templates); ink: Vivid! Brick; ColorBox Ice Blue, Wisteria; Cuttlebug with Victoria embossing folder; pearls: Kaisercraft; twine & buttons: stash

I have no idea why the inks acted like I was stamping on a damp piece of paper and smudge like this... I was angry at myself, that I don't have the time to go through the whole process of inking once again, especially that it can be tricky to ink up a sentiment stamp with two different pads... oh well, I hope it still looks decent enough for you! :)

Woohoo, we've also bringing you another fun sketch at Card Patterns - and we're having a great sponsor - Inktegrity!! Just for you lovely Card Patterns' participants, Jodi will be giving away....

Isn't that awesome?! Click on the sketch below to play along!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital printable; digital stamps: Inktegrity; Cuttlebug with Stars embossing folder; ribbon: stash

Now, on to the card that I made today, for the challenge over at Caardvarks. There's a very tempting prize this week - a publication in the CARDS magazine! :) I've been spamming these guys with some of my creations lately anyway, but it's actually that challenge that convinced me that I could also create something of the wedding theme. It's not the theme that I'd reach for often, in fact it would be probably my first wedding card... apart from the set that I designed for our own wedding lol.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: DCWV; buttons, twine, beads, cord: stash. The words are cut from an old book, the tag is cut by hand.

I wanted to design something fresh, humorous, and non-standard, rather than to reach for the classic look. It actually turned quite nice, in my opinion :)

So what do you think? Thanks for stopping by and leaving super sweet comments, as always!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Chupa, all of these cards are lovely! I like how you incorporated the quilling paper for the butterfly trail-very creative! Great job with Tracey's sketch, thank you for joining us Just Us Girls for the month of February as our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa! Congrats on joining Just Us Girls as guest designer for the month of February! And, girl, you're doing an absolutely fantastic job! These cards are AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration and looking forward to seeing more of your work at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, I love the wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! The wedding one is super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012