Saturday, 27 February 2010

Well hello!

I'm having a bit of a come back to my early days of card making, with today's cards. I haven't planned it, but I like the results. I'll show you three different styles today, and each of them has some vintage feeling to it. How cool is it to step out of the comfy zone sometimes? :)

I like the distinctive retro feel to the first one. Browns and oranges combined together in a very graphic, geometric design - does it sound like 60's or what?!
The sketch is SC269 (finally got to play with it!), and the colours are from Tuesday Morning Sketches #34 (enhanced ;)):





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers: Basic Grey Offbeat; die-cuts: Kaisercraft Peachy Keen; rub-ons: Fynmark; ribbon: Sullivans; button & twine: stash

The second card is both shabby chic & homespun, thanks to a touch of glitter, and a ton of the yummiest trims. I beat the record with the challenges that it goes to - they just all fit nicely together ;)
- the sketch is GS27 (c'mon, I'm sure you can see it!! lol);
- F4A1- Textures, Colors & Patterns - there's no doubt that the card is brimming with textures, there is an optional patterned paper used, and the colour that I wouldn't normally use is light green. I'm a sucker for bold colour combinations, hence this pastel mix is generally not something that I'd reach for often...
- speaking of colours, they come from Embellish Borders Color Challenge;
- finally there's WT259- For the Love of Lace - this one was easy-peasy, for I love lace!!





Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; papers: Grant, Kaisercraft Penny Royale; chipboard heart: Bella!; Cuttlebug & Houndstooth embossing folder; Fiskars border punch; sewing machine; buttons, ribbons, lace, rhinestone heart: stash

...and the last one, a true vintage - I haven't tried the style for ages, but the colours of CCEE1008 - Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel & Black, just asked for it! The sketch is TESC102.





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers:TRS Trading Group, DCWV, old book; vintage image: printable; letter stickers: Fynmark; Cuttlebug & Textile embossing folder; ink: Versa Color Umber; sand paper; button, string: stash

So, how did you like them? I'm quite curious... :) Thank you so much for being ever so wonderful commenters, I will see you soon!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the vintage goodness. I am a huge fan of lace. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness...You have been one busy stamper and in so many wonderful ways.....thanks for playing with the CCEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. such wonderful cards...love your get sketchy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Przecudne!!!będę stawiać chyba same wykrzykniki bo brak słów aby się nie powtarzać w zachwytach. Piękne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! I love that picture of your baby girl!! They grow so quickly - it seems like it was just yesterday that you had her!!

    Your cards are wonderful as always. I love how you incorporated my color challenge with the SCS sketch. Great job!!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and just noticed your adorable little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such pretty cards! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love what you did with the GS sketch, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your cards are beautiful, I can't choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these are just awesome! So glad you joined in on the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy! :-) These are all awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each project is beautiful!!! I especially love the beautiful collage vintage card, Iowana. Thanks for playing in our CCEE challenge, again! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fabbie cards!! Love your get sketchy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the cards and you did a great job with GS thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty cards! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful

    Thanks for joining us at GEt SKetchy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012