Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Catching up continued...

Argh, what a day I had! I was very lucky to have a little stamping session, squashed between a zillion of things-to-do. I wasn't so lucky with posting them until now though. After I finish with this, I think I'll just gladly collapse into bed, as I'm already brain-dead ;)

Short as my stamping time was, I still find my new cards looking satisfactory. Mind you, one took me some ridiculously small amount of time, but it also saved me a lot of extra time, knowing from the start what I want and how I want it. It means a lot, considering that I can sometimes spend ages just trying to find the right supplies to support the idea in my head...

Here are my quick-time creations...

Here's one using CPS159 sketch, and that follows TSG47 - Simplicity (to make a one-layer card), and the inspiration of CAS59 - New York, New York. My approach to the latter one is pretty straightforward - I've never been to NY, I know it only from media. Hence, my first association would be Broadway, Frank Sinatra, 5th Avenue - a classy & a little sentimental world, full of bling and chic.
The glittery frame was made, applying loose glitter on to the strips of double sided tape.





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant; stamp: Inkadinkado; ink: Color Box Dark Peony; rhinestones: Kaisercraft; rub-on: Fynmark; black felt-tip pen; other: glitter

Next card, much different in style and more elaborate, uses the beautiful pastel colours of JUGS25, and the current SFYTT. I'm also entering it into C4C29, that requires a Spring themed project.





Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: Kaisercraft; stamp: Hero Arts; ink: Color Box Bronze; other: sewing machine, fabric flowers, button, twine

...and lastly, there's one for a great TESC105 sketch & OCC Think Easter challenge:





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, digital; stamp: Stampin' Up! Abundant Hope; ink: StazOn Jet Black; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; other: ribbon, buttons, twine

Pretty diverse lot, huh? :) Not so long ago I'd grieve that I don't have a style... now I'm actually happy to see, that I like to reach for various means of expression. It's exciting not to be able to see where I'll go next in my stamping adventure. Especially that there's so much on my list, waiting to be tried out...
Have a happy evening girls, see you tomorrow! xx
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow, more fantastic cards. You're such an overachiever!!! :) Making me look bad here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous set of cards! Love the CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes girl you can crank out some gorgeous cards in little to no time :)!!! Love them all!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the SFYTT challenge; I keep looking at it and my muse keeps going into the corner saying: not this week!! Lovely inspiration. Maybe the muse will take a hint? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOAH Chupa - you've been smokin hot with all these cards - can I just ask you to make mine for me? LOL Love them - Sorry I’m late with my commenting – lots going on at work and home. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have a certain "style" either! I like to see where my creativity takes me too! So much fun to see what I'll come up with next! These are all so lovely, Chupa! I love coming here to see what you've done! Thanks for stopping by and playing with Just us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHUPA! WOW -- gorgeous!! I love the variety :)

    I'm an all over the place kind of stamper too, I think...though I have NEVER been able to pull of "vintage" of any sort - lol.

    Thanks for making time (as always) to play along with Just Us Girls this week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Chupa! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piękne! Mają w sobie jakąś dostojność.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely and sweet spring cards! I lOvE your style! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all your cards! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012