Saturday, 13 March 2010

Anybody seen my mojo...?

Grrrr, I think I lost my mojo... since mid-day yesterday no card that I'm making comes easy... I was playing with sponging around the embossed image, and it took me three times to make it (vaguely) right. It's not even that I'm doing something wrong... things just stubbornly refuse to cooperate! lol
Anyway you know me, I'm going to keep the thing going no matter what, and thus I'm bringing you some new cards.

Here's one for the final day of Flourishes Grand Opening Celebration FLLCCEL5. The task is to create a card using green & pink, and boy, do I love these two together! I chose a VERY simple layout, and actually I'm quite satisfied with the result. Initially I wanted to pop the flowers up on the foam tape, but I don't think it's necessary. This lovely image speaks for itself.



Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; stamps: Flourishes; ink: StazOn Olive; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; pearls: Kaisercraft

Next I've got a card for FTL82, and one of the the colour combos for Spring DT challenge on Nichole Heady's blog. Again, I tried to do my best to stay true to the colours, but it's getting more & more difficult lately... using mostly random cardstock found in the craft stores, and a severely limited palette of inks, it's really hard to make colours match...





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft; stamps: Hero Arts (flowers), Paper Xtra (sentiment); ink: Color Box Blush Rose, Kaleidacolor Cappucino; border punch: EK Success; ribbon: Ribtex; pearls: Kaisercraft

Finally, here's one for Mercy's sketch, and Embellish Color Challenge with Fabric. This is the one that I'm not satisfied with, but I spent a significant time making it, so I though I'd post it anyway...





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, page from an old book; chipboard flower: Bella!; ink: Versa Color White, Olive, Umber; ribbon: My Mind's Eye, stash; letter stickers: American Crafts; rhinestones: Kaisercraft, burlap: Lincraft; buttons, trim, string: stash

Alright my friends, Chupa retires to bed now, but hopefully tomorrow she'll be back...
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. If my struggles with mojo turned out cards like these, I'd be thrilled LOL! I love them all. Great CAS lily, fabulous use of the half pearls on the sketch card and I love the script on the flower. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous! Love the burlap flower and so glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Chupa! i don't know what you're talking about...your mojo looks just fine to me. in fact, i LOVE the orange silhouette with those pearls on that lined paper...genious! you are brilliant...even if you don't feel like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa, these cards are so pretty! And I love that chipboard flower! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards ... love that texty bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute design! I love your use of the text book print! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear me! That's not a lost mojo! Gorgeous cards as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love the simplicity and the beauty of your cards and work.. really so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate to disagree, but girl, your mojo is NOT lost! These are AWESOME!! Way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012