Thursday, 11 March 2010

In with the sparkle!

Before I start with the ramblings, I'd LOVE to share the fun news with you - I'm in the Trendsetting Spotlight over at There She Goes blog this week! Can I have a big WOOT!!!
My goodness, Holly totally knew how to tickle me pink... :D
The more surprised I am, that I've only got my first TSG stamps a week or two ago, and managed to whip up only two cards with them... talk about being happy! :)

Now, here's the daily grind...
The Flourishes Grand Opening fun continues, and this time it’s all about the sparkle!
I combined this challenge with the colour combo that I found on Nichole Heady's blog. Let me tell you, when I found the place yesterday, I felt like inspired for life! I spent a few good hours just browsing through the pages of pure goodness, and learning, learning, learning! That woman is a genius...
Now, I knew very well before that PTI stamps are magnificent, but now I'm head over heels over them!!! But at the same time I grieve that if I were to buy some, I could easily double-triple the cost, because of the shipping... how UNFAIR! *sigh*
Anyway, here's the card...





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: DCWV, Kaisercraft; stamps: Flourishes; ink: Versa Color Olive' Grant Olive, ColorBox Orchid Pastel, Vivid! Yellow; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; Ice Stickles & Glossy Accents by Ranger; scallop scissors: Birch Craft; ribbon: Sullivans, stash

Here's some more sparkle for you - I made the card below using another set of colours from Nichole's blog (shush! I did my best! ...lol). It's for Paper Crafts March Gallery Challenge - babies/brides. I'm seeing so many cute onesie stamps around, that I wanted to make a card featuring these little cuties. I don't have such stamp though, so I went for my own design.
I "stole" the idea for a glittery frame from Nichole's blog too - isn't it fantastic? And so simple at the same time!





Supplies: cardstock: Quill; onesie image: my design; black felt-tip pen: Mitsubishi Pencil; sticker (sentiment): SRM Stickers; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; Glossy Accents by Ranger; glitter: craft supply

Here's also a simple card for PPA33:





Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; stamp: Grant; chipboard letters: Fynmark; Cuttlebug; Quickutz Retro Diamonds embossing folder; ribbon: My Mind's Eye; white gel pen; Glossy Accents by Ranger, paper piercer: Heidi Swapp

...and the last card, that I whipped up quickly, after I test-embossed a piece of cardstock with an Impressability plate. I have just got it, and I was eager to try the letterpress technique. The lighter green on debossed parts is not too apparent, but it's there. What a nice technique it is!



Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Bazzill; paper: page from an old book; ink: Versa Color Lime; chipboard frame: Collections Elements; Thickers by American Crafts; letter stickers: Fynmark; Spellbinders Impressabilities Flourish; flower: stash

Here ya' go, that's what I had for you today - hope you liked them! Thank you for stopping by, I'll see you soon... {{hugs}}

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I love how you have incorporated the kraft colored chipboard into the design and LOVE LOVE LOVE the page from an old book. I have many around and will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skromne i bardzo, bardzo piękne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, creative cards! Great job with all of the color challenges! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a bunch of nice cards. Love the last one the best. Hello Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I saw your card on SplitcoastStampers and came here hoping you'd have some directions for the frame on the baby card. But, alas, nada. Can you tell how you did the frame? Is it sticky tape or something with glitter on it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anonymous - you haven't left your email address that I could contact you on, so hopefully you'll come back to read this...
    The frame was made using a double sided tape and glitter. Make sure you'll swipe your card with an antistatic pillow, before applying glitter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012