Tuesday, 2 March 2010

It's hip to be square

At least that's what Jen (Miss Boo at SCS) tries to convince us in, by setting the new CAS challenge - CAS56. I've got no problem with this! Square cards are hip indeed, and I made three of them today, just to show you how much me likey ;P
Only the first card qualifies for CAS though, and you can see it below. I'm also entering it into The Pink Elephant Challenge #56 - add green to your color combo, and FS160: Sister of Davey..., since I CASE'd this beautiful Birthday Possum card of Angella.



Supplies: cardstock: Quill; ribbon: My Mind's Eye; stamps: Hero Arts; ink: VersaMark; Kaleidacolor Cappucino Delight; white pen; orange marker

I decided to make the card above, when I discovered that my CASE of another Angella's card does not qualify for FS160, since the sketch that she used was not designed by her. The said card is the spectacular Bible Verse Thursday - Do Not Worry, and here's how I interpreted it:



Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital; stamps: We R Memory Keepers; ink: StazOn Jet Black; pearls: Kaisercraft; scallop scissors; needle; Glossy Accents by Inkessentials (for the deer's eye); ribbon: stash

Fret not, I told myself though, this card could as well enter TLC262 ~ Faux What?
The task is to imitate using Nestabilities, by using any other punches or cutting, and design our own shaped image panel.
I don't own any Nesties (yet!), so to me this challenge is basically what I have to face every day LOL.
I cut the main panel with the help of compass, and the circle for the sentiment, with Fiskars circle template and scallop scissors.

There's one more card that I'd like to show you tonight, and it's created for Kazan's sketch 47, and PPA31 - An Inspiration Challenge:





Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCVW; paper: Basic Grey; die-cuts: Kaisercraft, SEI; sticker: DRS Stickers; Fiskars border punch; ribbon, fabric flowers; buttons, twine: stash

Quite colourful tonight, eh? :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, be sure to visit again tomorrow - it's my turn to share with you the card that I made for the 1st Birthday celebration over at Card Patterns!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Great job with the PPA challenge. So many delightful details! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, tons of fabulousness here! All of your cards are amazing! Thank you for joining us at 2S4Y. Your card is gorgeous. I love the layering, dimension and the fun colors! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet cards! So colorful and springtime! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeousness....love your cards!!! You are one busy stamper and you always have a fresh new spinn on your cards!!! Keep them comin' :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Darling set of cards. Love the CAS one at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are scrumptious.
    Great cards - love them.
    Ann xxx
    The Pink Elephant DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great cards Chupa! I love the kraft paper with them! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling cards, Chupa! I love how your creativity is outside the box...so unique and fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are perfectly darling!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that background paper is perfect for the PALS challenge! All of your cards are beautiful - so creative! Thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love the projects and your blog. thanks for sharing. march 5 is my bday. a win would be great.

    chriswooten57
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome stuff - lovely post.
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are downright FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012