Sunday, 14 March 2010

Ready for a new Act?

I hope so! A new challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage has just launched, and the colours are oh-SO-fantastic!!
I actually struggled with my sample, partly because I'm low on mojo, and partly because sadly I don't have relevant colours of ink! Oh I really need to enrich my supply of inks in the near future! *sigh*
I tried to do my best, and here's what I came up with:





supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant; stamps: Hero Arts (flourish), Papertrey Ink (sentiment); ink: VersaMark; stazOn Olive; clear embossing powder: Hero Arts; decorative chalks: Pebbles Inc.; glitter, ribbon: craft supply

I chalked over the embossed image, but I ended up with a different effect to the one that I was expecting to have. The embossed image would in most cases stay white (provided, of course, that it's been afterwards gently wiped with the tissue), but this particular stamp apparently has a porous surface, that caused it to turn a deeper shade of green. It's not too bad though...?

This was my first go with this lovely stamp, therefore I'm entering this card into WT261 - What's New?

I hope you'll join us for the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 21 - you could be one of the next Show Stoppers!
The magnificent girls from the Curtain Call Crew also prepared some eye candy for you, so visit their lovely blogs, and leave them some love!

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


Talk to you soon! {{hugs}}
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I love how you have glittered the scallop, and the bits of yellow ribbon are just the perfect touch!! Great job with the color challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CAS!!! I think the embossed swirl is beautiful and the glittery scallop gives it that extra *pop*. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great technique card, Chupa! the glittered border is to die for....great touch to a clean & simple card...fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used my chalks in ages. Thanks for the reminder :D Great use of the colours in this week's sketch - fun focal swirl/flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love that glittery scalloped border and the chalked effect is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity and elegance of this card Chupa. I love the effect you got using chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous Chupa!! I need to pull my chalks out, been a while since I played with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an elegant creation, just loooooove the glitter on the scallop edge!! great work with limited supplies. remember I am not far away and have some (well maybe alot!) supplies that I can share if you get stuck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo pretty ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012