Sunday, 28 March 2010

Surprise!

Haha yes, it's me again... third time today - how cool! :)
This time I'm bringing you the fruit of the night session. I'm still trying to catch up on my favourite challenges, it seems to me like their number doubled somehow this (almost finished) week... I've also had much less time to spend on stamping lately (I know that it's hard to believe, looking at the number of new cards... but I'm now getting pretty quick with them too)
Taking all this into account, I'm pleased with how I'm going - although there are times that I settle for the quicker, simpler versions of my original ideas, so to save on time. This lot is a fine example of me doing just that :)

Here's card #1, made for FS164: A little sip of Brandi. I used this lovely card of Beedubya as my inspiration. Also, I used the colours of a brand new Embellish Stitching Color Challenge, and it also goes to CT0310, a March Fan Club Gallery Challenge.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; stamps: Grace Taylor (Grant); ink: ColorBox Copper; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; glitter: Reeves; sewing machine; alphabet (chipboard & stickers): Fynmark; other: ribbon

Next one is also using Embellish colours, and it goes to Caardvark's Lacy Days (again...I know I'm exploiting this challenge madly, but firstly - I love working with lace, and secondly - it would be great to win this one...), and Moxie Fab Picking Up the Pieces Challenge (because of that the photo lacks of a watermark). I did the paper piecing by cutting the roses out of some delicious Grace Taylor DP. I wouldn't normally go in this direction, but they were just perfect for the job.
The sketch comes from FTL 84. Perhaps it's not such a clean and simple design any more... lol.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft Devonshire, Grace Taylor (Grant) Vintage Collection; stamp: Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings; ink: ColorBox Copper; sewing machine; other: ribbon, lace, button & twine

Last card is made for the CPS160 sketch. This one was a real quickie, considering that I *cheated* a bit, and used a ready-made tag... (ok, I actually combined two of them together, so it counts for a little extra effort lol)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft Devonshire, La Di Da; rhinestones: Kaisercraft; rub-on sentiment: Fynmark;tag: Avery; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; other: string, lace, button

Now I really should check, whether my bed is still as comfortable as I remember it was.... haha
I'll be seeing you tomorrow, I hope... unless it's going to be one of these days, which is quite possible, 'cause my Chuplet seems to have started teething again! Thanks for visiting &
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. WOW gorgeous work - the first took me immediately - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful, bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....these are all super gorgeous! Love the fabulous colors on the first two, and that layered tag on the third is awesome! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of cards :D You continue to amaze my by your sheer volume of creations! Great use of the sketches. Love the butterfly on the tag of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of your cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niesamowicie słodkie. Cudowne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so gorgeous! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love the colors, the embellishments... the great images you used... those butterflies are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...amazing! And I love your stitching on the butterfly trail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your cards are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! I especially love the gorgeous simple design of the first one and the stitched butterfly trail. So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super Cute cards! :) I love those flowers! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Chupa! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ...and it's OK to have a watermark on projects you make for the challenges in the Moxie Fab World--we just no longer accept submissions to Paper Crafts Magazine that have a watermark. So, if you were submitting this card to one of our magazines, you would need to remove it, but it's fine if this has a watermark for this and any challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Hope this clears up the confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Chupa!!! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012