Saturday, 3 April 2010

Before we leave to meet with the family...

...I'm taking the time to show you some new stuff...I got up early today, so that I'd have the opportunity to do what Chupas love best. Read: play with my cardsies! Yay!

I did need to make a card for my brother in law though... with belated birthday wishes. We didn't quite have the opportunity to give it earier, so there you go... he gets it on Easter :)
I decorated the inside of the card as well, hence I'm entering it into TLC266 ~ Inside Out. Mind you, it's not the state of the art, I'm afraid... I should have sponged the background with a white/light grey ink, where the sentiment sticker is placed, but I realized this only when I already stuck it in place *sigh* The sketch is GS#32.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers: Kaisercraft, digital, pages from an old book; sentiment stickers: Grant, SRM Stickers; rub-on alphabet: Fynmark; ink: Versa Color Bark, Umber, Sand Beige; sewing machine; oval die-cut: Basic Grey; chipboard stars: Lil' Davis Designs; ribbon: Lincraft; other: staples

The other card that I made this morning is totally different in style... and uber cute, IMO :)
I made it with this week's challenge for Cards blog - to make a card with raindrops/clouds on it, but I thought it would make a nice addition to my entries for Moxie Fab's Picking Up The Pieces challenge...lol
Credit for the inspiration goes to the fabbiest Heather Pulvirenti :)
The hearts are cut by hand, and the stems are made of little lengths of wire, shaped manually.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers: Kaisercraft, digital; stamp (cloudy sky): Hero Arts; ink: Grant light blue; letter stickers: Fynmark; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; other: dark green plastic coated wire

That's all for now, but later today there is a new Curtain Call launching, so stay tuned as I'll be posting my card! Happy Easter!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Such fabbiness!!! Love your take on the Get Sketchy challenge! Great masculine card...love your paper pieced beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the Get Sketchy sketch! Manly cards are so hard for me but you aced this one..... and those balloon hearts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful. I particularly like the card you made for your brother-in-law. And since I've never tried stickers, thank you for the lesson learned about sponging the area first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chupa! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012