Thursday, 1 April 2010

Bidding farewell to Color Dare DT

Hi folks - here I am with the new Color Dare colours... only a bit later. Riley has a crazily busy week, and she found it impossible to schedule the new challenge in time...
So... there you go, I'm sharing with you my last project for Color Dare! It's been wonderful three months of challenges, and I'll surely miss my presence there :) Thanks so much Riley, for this great adventure, and the opportunity to work with such talented gals!

Below is and my take on these great colours. I used Makeesha's sketch of Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #20, and the card suits just right one of the inspiration photos of FTTC60.
I'm sorry (yet again, grrr!) for such poor quality of the photo... I took another one this morning, hoping that it would be better than the one posted on the CD blog, but apparently someone up there doesn't like this card! lol
It's a really gloomy, dark day today, and I had to lighten the image, which resulted in what you see... *sigh*

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: DCWV; stamp: Papertrey Ink Turning A New Leaf, Honey Bees; ink: Color Box Ice Blue, Grant Blue, Red; pearls: Kaisercraft; border punch: Fiskars; other: sentiment sticker, ribbon, button, twine

There's also a card that I quickly whipped up later yesterday (and took a photo of it in still a good light, whew!). I was inspired by another inspiration photo of FTTC60, and the colours of The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC23. I'm also entering it, yet again, into Moxie Fab's Picking Up The Pieces Challenge:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: I don't know... it has no brand name on it, lol; stamp: Sullivans (damask), Grace Taylor (butterfly), Papertrey Ink (sentiment); ink: VersaMark, Vivid! Sky Blue; white embossing powder; rhinestones: Bella!; ribbon: Kaisercraft; other: lace, button, twine

I hope you like them, and I hope to see you later tonight... For now, we're about to leave for our favourite plant nursery, that has a HUGE yearly sale, for a little shopping spree... yippee!! Loves me some plants...
Happy Good Friday! :D
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Just love your first card. You slam dunked the colour combo and inspiration piece on this one! Lovely colours and butterfly on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card in the blues! Gorgeous butterfly. thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards!!! great colors on both!!!
    Tera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially like the damask background for your card for the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week, very pretty! Hope you join us again next week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holly you packed alot in here! you did such a beautiful job!
    I really enjoyed seeing your creativity here!
    Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Chupa!! I especially love the damask pattern DP with the kraft! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Chupa! I like the multi-layered butterfly embellishment! Thanks so much for playing along with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a fan of your lovely work...thanks for always supporting the Play Date Cafe, Iwona : )

    Your use of this week's PDCC colors is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards with beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Iwona these are gorgeous!!! Love where your inspiration took you....simply perfect!!!

    Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Chupa! Thanks once again for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOODNESS--love love love it! I love the PDCC card! That butterfly is beautiful! Love visiting your site--thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012