Sunday, 11 April 2010

Bittersweet

This post was meant to be launched much earlier today, but I found myself so occupied with my baby and other stuff, that I had no time to write it up earlier... I know, you're probably saying now - why not schedule? Well, I don't trust this stuff any more. Period. I tried several times, knowing what the problems are and trying to omit them, yet Blogger apparently decided that he's going to refuse cooperation. And of course it did, every time. So there you go, I'm writing my posts "on the spot" now.

Before I get to the point, here's some news. Bitter and sweet ones, as the title suggests. The bitter portion is that on Saturday, an airliner with Polish president and dozens of other Polish dignitaries crashed on the Russian territory. Nobody survived. There were 96 people on board, including president's wife - all died...
The irony is, that they traveled to an official ceremony commemorating a slaughter that has divided the two nations for seven decades. The plane crashed a short drive from the site of the Katyn forest massacre, where 22,000 Polish officers were killed by Soviet secret police.
Such a tragedy.... *sigh*
.......................................................

Here's also the cheer-up part - firstly a little woot (I've been forgetting to share these with you a great deal lately...) . My card got a shout out in last week's Cards blog challenge gallery, while I got into the Top 5 at Get Sketchy with another one! Along with my Curtain Crew sistah and leader, Stacey Schafer :)
Secondly, my girl can sit up. Wohoo! Well, she can't stay like this forever, and falls on her side as soon as she gets wobbly or feels inquisitive, but I call it a nice start! :) Lookie....

Photobucket

Isn't she a cutie?

Photobucket

And here's the card-a-licious part.
I'll start with the new Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 25!
I'm especially curious on your take on this week's colours - many Curtain Call Crew girls found the combo mind boggling, but it has so much potential! You also wouldn't want to miss playing along, because Stacey has another giveaway in store for you. YES!! Isn't she generous?! :)
So make a card featuring this week's colours, then click on the colour sampler below, or the link above to link up your entry, and see what yumminess is waiting there for you...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama; paper: Kaisercraft, Cosmo Cricket, DCWV; border punch: Fiskars; stamp: Kaisercraft; ink: ColorBox Blush Rose; chipboard: Grant (not sure?); other: ribbon, button, twine

The fabulous girls from Curtain Call Crew have their samples to show you today, that I'm sure are over the top!! Click any of the links below, to be taken to their blogs...

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection


Traditionally, I'm also having a *dessert* for you - there are two cards from yesterday, that are asking to be shared. I made them both for the utterly CUTE sketch over at Moxie Fab World. Both also feature images designed by me - the hippo and the balloon. They are pretty sketchy versions, that need to be polished up.

Photobucket

On the first one I replaced the speech bubble with the balloon, which I simply coloured with pencils, and glittered.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Quill, digital, page from an old newspaper; hot air balloon image: my design; stamp: Hero Arts; ink: ColorBox Lavender; black pen; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; glitter: Reeves; Glossy Accents by Ranger, letter stickers: Fynmark

For the next one I decided to use the speech bubble literally. The final design turned out far from my original idea, unfortunately. I was planning to sew the square shape, instead of using the chipboard frame, but the sewing machine seemed to have a different idea. It's not too bad like this, but I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't go with more clean, *economical* design...
The card also goes to WT265 - Angled Interest.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft, Basic Grey, digital, hand made paper; hippo & speech bubble image: my design; chipboard question mark: American Crafts; letter stickers: Fynmark; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; black pen; chipboard frame: Grant (?), other: buttons, twine

Right-o, this was a rather long post, I must say... I hope to find some time tomorrow for a card or two, then I'll hopefully see you back here, checking them up :) Have a great evening!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Awesomely wonderful cards as usual Chupa! And that little girl is such a sweetie....she is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, so hard to keep up with you!!
    firstly, so, so sad about the polish tragedy. :(
    all of those lives, and all of their loved ones...
    huge sigh.

    snuggle that delicious baby girl & keep on crafting. you're amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Chupa! You've managed to make the colours look not-so-scary lol! Your daughter is so sweeet - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAWWWW!! She is a doll...Give her a big hug for me.
    Fabulous cards as always..I say the same thing ,isn't it. Always your cards so pretty ..I love them.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. your curtain call card totally rocks, Chupa! love it:) and your wee one is so sweet and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cudna Zuzia przy tym wielkim misiu (z klapniętym uszkiem) i pięknie sama siedzi!
    Iwonka - wzruszyłaś mnie wzmianką o polskiej tragedii. To bardzo dobrze świadczy o Tobie.
    Kocham Was bardzo, bardzo mocno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sad tragedy to have happened. But, your little one, and all of the fabulous cards are amazing! Great job with the citrusy colors...I loved them too!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the plane crash...yet celebrate with you re: your little cutie being able to sit up. Makes for so many more things they can do :D They grow up soooo quickly!! Great job with the CC colours this week and your other cards are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little one is just too cute and your cards are fabulous! Horrible about the plane crash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about such tragedy Iwona!
    You have one adorable little cutie pie there matched w the cute anpan-man doll. LOL.
    Both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes here in Europe the Polish tragedy is big news - very sad for the Polish nation! But on the bright side you have such a cutie there - I can understand how it is hard to get any work done - you just want to look at the child all day! Give her a biiiig hug for me!
    Stunning cards!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  12. your cutie certainly makes up for all the bad that has been going on! you could have posted you little one on your blog, she nearly has all the colours- just a little green galore and you got it all!! great work with your card, a very appropriate sentiment- smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking the same thing as Sue! Just a little Green Galore and Chuplet would be the color inspiration!

    A great card, no doubt! You rocked this challenge, you went with the color, no fear and it turned out AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You create the most delightful cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Chupa! Thanks for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012