Thursday, 15 April 2010

A bunch of... cards

Oh come on... what else? I just can't help it ;)
Firstly, let me give you some news... I'm still in the Color Dare DT! I was thinking about resigning, when my term came to an end with last challenge, but let's face the truth... these colours are just too good not to be able to play with them beforehand. And so I stayed for another term :)
We had a week's break, but we're back with a brand new colour combo! Check it out:

Photobucket

Here's my interpretation:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant; stamps: Stampin' Up! All The Best (flowers),
Grant (sentiment); ink: ColorBox Lavender; Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Cappucino; rhinestones: Bella!; Cuttlebug machine & Swiss Dots embossing folder; other: ribbon, button, twine

There's also a new challenge over at OCC Weekly Sketch Blog, and here's Jennifer's sketch (and my sample). I'd like to give the credit for the idea behind the doily stamped on vellum, to my crafting buddy Nina Brackett.
I'm giving this card a go for The Shabby Room's Week #5 - "It's hip To Be Square". I found this challenge blog yesterday, and as much as I shouldn't really add to my weekly challenge-to-do list, this one would be a shame to miss... ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Basic Grey Offbeat Collection, digital (only on the tag); vellum: Grant; stamps: Hero Arts; ink: ColorBox Bronze, VersaMark, Versa Color Bark; white embossing powder; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; other: string, button, brads

I hope that you'll take the time to play with us this week - it's always great to see your unique and fun interpretations!

Here's also a *dessert* card, that I made this morning. This one goes to Color Throwdown (CTD88), Sketch Challenge 276 (SC276), and CAS62 - Mackinac Island, Michigan Postcards.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft, Grant; stamps: Stamp It!; ink: ColorBox Black; black coloured pencil; black felt tip pen; glitter: Ice Stickles by Ranger; border ounch: Fiskars; pearls: Kaisercraft; other: ribbon

I've got to run now - I'm having one of these days... I hope to be seeing you again soon! Have a good evening xxx
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I must say, you are the QUEEN of combining challenges! I could not find a thing to inspire me for the Mackinac Island challenge, and here you find the exact colors for CTD! ALL the cards are awesome (that stamped doily is incredible) but the butterflies you used on the CTD are just fab! Really stand out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card ... so glad you found us!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I hope you can fit it in to come back on Monday to play again with our next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous! Love them all to pieces!
    And your take on the Shabby Tea Room challenge this week is brilliant. Love that big embossed medallion. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for mentioning me. Your doily on vellum turned out great! Your cards are amazing, all have my favorites: flowers, doilies and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designs! LOVE the one with the patchwork and the vellum! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your OCC sketch card! VERY pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome cards!! i LOVE the doily stamped on the velum!! oh and your little angel is so precious sleeping on her daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I LOVE LOVE ♥ Mackinac Island!!!! How awesome that it's featured as inspiration for the CAS challenge :O) SO cool!

    Chupa, Chupa, Chupa...your work always has me grinning and shaking my head...like, "where does she get these diverse ideas?! Your work is STUNNING today as always :] LOVE your CTD card! Those butterflies are gorgeous atop of the flourish! Oh, and I am head over heels in love with your new blog banner! Your baby is such a cutie patootie ♥

    Thanks for playing along with the Throwdown this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012