Thursday, 22 April 2010

Encircled

Good evening folks! I wasn't sure whether I'd find the time to spend card making tonight, but as you can see - I managed :)
It's been a pretty intense couple of days, with Chuplet being over the top cranky, and I find that what I'd use most now is a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, the lil' one doesn't give me much hope in this regard *rolls eyes*
Also, my mojo decided to take a break from work tonight...which is fair enough, 'cause I tend to force it to work over hours, lol.

I've got a sample for this week's terrific OCC sketch(OCCSC12) to show you:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: October Afternoon, page from a notebook; stamp: Inkadinkado; ink: Color Box (Ice blue), Versa Color (Olive, Bark), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); Cuttlebug machine & Swiss Dots embossing folder; sewing machine; ribbon: Flourishes; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; other: buttons, string

Isn't this sketch great? If you feel like playing along, make a card on the base of the sketch, then click the link to the OCC Weekly Sketch blog in the sidebar or here, and link your creation!

There's also a card that I made for the TPE63 sketch, and the colours of CTD89. I wasn't convinced whether I want to play around with these colours at first (I like bolder, more defined combos, and I'm not a big fan of these shades of blue), but then I told myself that if I played only with the challenges that suit me 100%, the very nature of them would be lost. Get to step out of the comfort zone sometimes, right?
I admit that I used more shades of blue though. I didn't have the relevant cardstock, so I used this DCWV stack, that happens to have the right colours.
No stamps were harmed in the making of ths one - I cut out and popped up some flowers & leaves from the DP.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: DCWV (Latte stack); ribbon: Kaisercraft; other: button, twine

Thank you for paying me a visit tonight, it's always lovely to see you here! Have a lovely evening xx
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. wow... fabulous cards.. Love them both. For the first, love patterned paper, distressing, buttons and stamp (i hv gotta to use the stamp too, somewhere in the stash)and I love the way you the colours in your second... GORGEOUS ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Chupa! You kill me with all of your skill! Loving everything about both of these. That paper in the first is to DIE for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards...love them and love your blog header...it makes me smile everytime I see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is what losing your mojo looks like, I'd be happy to be there any day LOL! Great set of cards :D Hope you can get a nap in today. Teething may be the cause of your little Chuplet's crankiness. A bit of Children's tylenol before she goes to sleep may help both of you catch up on some sleep. I had to do that with one of my kids who was a sensitive teether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are amazing. Love the CTD Card, it is so inspiring!

    Smiles,
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Chupa, I am glad I forced you out of your comfort zone with these colors! BOTH your cards are awesome! You DO like bold things better, but that first one is soft and pretty---I like the sky background you did! You are always a trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pierwsza piękna - taka przybrudzona, super:)
    I z tych kolorów stworzyłaś coś pięknego, ja zwątpiłam...

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOTH cards are beautiful! LOVE the texture of the Throwdown card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them both girl :) and your little one is too stinken cute!!! hope you get some sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these are beautiful, Iwona. And how I love your new banner with your cutie. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!! You did a wonderful job with this weeks sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
    Sheri~TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are wonderful. I love all the dimension you've given to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous! Love that baby! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Chupa, I love it! Especially the embossing on the lined paper - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came over here to your blog to tell you how much I love the card for OCC Sketch this week...only to ooh and ahh over a bunch of other cards! You take card making to the next level every time! Love love love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012