Thursday, 15 April 2010

Happy (almost) weekend!

Hello me hearties! I'm not feeling too well physically this morning (there must be a low air pressure, as I'm a bit weak and nauseous), but inside I'm all rising shine!
I've got the most beautiful daughter (my apologies to all mothers here, but you know all about it...*snort*), a super special hubby, the freedom to do what I {heart} with all my chupish heart, and so many plans for the future, that I can't be more excited! haha

Photobucket

Besides, I made some new cards and I love them. Yippee! Here they are...

There's a brand new Fan Club Gallery at SCS, and it couldn't be of a better theme for my current drive... it's called Very Vintage. Mmmmmmm..... I imagine myself contributing to this one many a times! This card uses the sketch given ( DDSKETCH0410), and the beautiful colours of Color Cue {3} Challenge.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: DCWV, Kaisercraft, October Afternoon; stamps: Flourishes; ink: Grant Black, Color Box Blush Rose, Versa Color Sky Gray, Bark; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; glitter: Ice Stickles by Ranger Inkessentials; pearls: Kaisercraft; other: buttons, trim, ribbon, cord, twine

The one below is my free take on Mercy's sketch MTSC69 (I wanted to be *smart* and imagined that swapping the panels would create a nice effect. What I didn't realize until I adhered the panel to the card base nicely, that I put them upside down, which changed the sketch significantly.... *note to self - do not try to be too smart, lol*) The colours this time come from ColourQ (cQc#28). It's also another entry of mine for TSG50 - Pleats :)

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama; paper: digital; chipboard flowers: SEI; ink: Versa Color Bark; ribbon: Sullivans; letter stickers: Creative Imaginations; other: buttons, lace, twine, staples, fabric flowers

I'm giving yet another go at the fun sketch for the Moxie Fab World Challenge with my last card. Never before it launched I would use speech bubbles on my cards, but once the idea was brought up, I can't seem to have enough of them. The colours are PDCC25, and it also goes to the April Paper Crafts Gallery Challenge, which is about bling & co (along with the first card in this post)
I used vellum again (my latest craze), a silver one behind the main panel, and a transparent one for the speech bubble.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, Kaisercraft; vellum: Grant; stamp: Basic Grey; ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Versa Color Sky Gray; Cuttlebug machine & QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder; chipboard letters: DCWV Animal Crackers collection; rhinestones: Top Line Creations; black pen; other: metal buckles, twine

I hope you enjoyed this little peek today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and all your lovely comments!
Ah, I almost forgot... I noticed that the number of my dear followers reached 99! When I see the magical 100 there, I swear I'll squeal like a baby! *for those who won't have their ears covered - don't tell me I haven't warned you*
I assure you that I was thinking for some time now, how to show you how much I appreciate and love you all, and I certainly will! Soon :)

Just a quick EDIT....

SQUEEEEEAAAAAL!!!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. You are too cute, Chupa :D I'll squeal along with you and share your joy!

    LOVE that picture of your little Chuplet. What a precious expression you captured. She's a doll :D

    Great set of cards too. Love the birds with the musical DP and big "hi" and the flower you created on your "free lance Mercy sketch" LOL is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Słodziutka jest twoja Zuzia :)
    Znów zrobiłaś świetne kartki, wiele się uczę patrząc, jak podchodzisz do mapek i wyzwań kolorystycznych. Najbardziej urzekła mnie pierwsza z cytrynkami :) Mniam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, I am officially in love with everything you do! two more fantastic cards!!! thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alrighty girl, can these get any more fantastic!? I love them all, especially the vintage one and the little song birds! Seriously love them. I can't even pick them apart to tell you "what" I love...it's just a whole package girl!

    Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100 followers!! Isn't it fab! and I love, love, love what you did with the play date colours this week - that tweety bird card is just sooooooooooo sweet!!
    As is your baby girl I have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! All of these cards are INCREDIBLE!!! You are super talented girly! I love the way you use layers and create so much depth! It's like each card is it's own little work of art! FABULOUS!! (oh and I just started following you today so I might be #101!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all wonderful, Chupa! Love the cute little birdies in the last one.. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

    Congrats on 100+ followers.. and your little girl is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! Great take on this weeks Splash of Color! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are wonderful! I love them all. I came here from Colour Q. You baby girl is as beautiful as my new granddaughter. There aren't any prettier in the world. LOL
    Congrads on the 100 followers. I just reached my 100. I am having a celebration at my blog and I would love to have you join.
    Hugs,
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you touch my shoulder will your talent rub off on me as well? Love them all! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! All kinds of fun cards.. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, tons of eye candy in this post! I love them all especially your daughter (she's adorable!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your impressive numbers and these fabulous cards! I can certainly see why you are satisfied with your work! Gorgeous! They are allllll quite spectacular {even that wee-babe you made!}... So delighted to see the magic you've created with Dawn's colors! You made those work together and behave so nicely! Bravo! Thanks for sharing your terrific talent! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your cards are just beautiful!! Although your little girl - even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are beautiful! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Your daughter is just adorable! Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for joining us at the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Lovely designs, embellies and gorgeous details! The birds and your wire that is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE all three of your cards:) I always love visiting your site! The owls are adorable and perfect with that orange HI! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all of these, Chupa! that photo of your darling duo is priceless:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon. All of your cards are lovely, but especially your one for our challenge over at the Play Date Cafe, those little birds are soooo cute!! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chupa, you come up with the most original things....your brain must work at warp speed and on a different level than my humdrum one!!! These are awesome! Baby is cute, too...and hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your cards, everytime I look there is a new and fresh idea!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Chupa! Thanks again for entering the Get Sketchy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are gorgeous! Love them! But I have to tell you your baby's picture on your blog header is soooooo stinkin' cute! I actually laughed out loud! Great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your WPlus9 color challenge win. Beautiful card Chupa! An absolutely wonderful take on the challenge. So inspiring!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012