Monday, 19 April 2010

In with the new look!

G'morning girls!
First of all, I hope you like the revamped look! I felt like the place needed refreshing for quite some time now, but I was planning on designing something myself. Yesterday I finally had to admit it, that it's not going to happen anytime soon, so I chose to go for someone else's (impressive!) work. I like how my Precious sticks her tongue out up there - she's just TOO friggin' cute, isn't she? :D

I've also got a new WOOT! I made it to the Taylor's Top Crops for the last week's sketch! Two weeks in a row - can you believe it?! I'm so so happy...

Now, the stuff. Of course there is some. What would you expect? lol

Number one. For CAS63 - Inspired by Alanna (you can find her card here), and TLC269 ~ Piercing. I gave this card a little *mod* look, something of a Dawn McVey style (gee, I wish it TRULY was! haha) Note to self: I need PTI rustic cream cardstock badly.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama; paper: page from an old notebook; stamps: Papertrey Ink Honey Bees; ink: ColorBox Brown, Versa Color Lagoon Blue, Grant Pink; other: string, paper piercer

Number two. For FS167: I triple dog dare you, with Dara as this week's Featured Stamper. I CASE'd this card of her. I inked the flourish stamps unevenly, and didn't press hard when stamping, in order to achieve the soft, fuzzy look. Also made for s CCEE1015, which is to make a get well card.
I wasn't planning on it, but the colours happen to correspond nicely with our current Curtain Call Color Challenge:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; stamps: Stampendous (branch), Grant (sentiment), Prima: damask designs; ink: Grant Black; Vivid! Yellow; other: ribbon, trim, button, twine

And the card number three, that I made for Heather's bonus sketch at 2S4Y. It's not news that I'm a BIG fan of Heather's work. What I didn't know until yesterday, is that this chick also has a knack for awesome sketches! I fell in love with this one, the very moment I saw it. I tried to incorporate some of a Heather's style *cough*
The birds are cut out of the DP, and coloured in with watercolours. I created the "trellis" DP by drawing the lines with a fine black pen. To make the glitter "behave" like this, I simply applied it directly onto a strip of a double-sided tape. That's something that I learned from Nichole Heady's blog.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama; paper: Kaisercraft La Di Da Collection (birds & red DP only), Mumma Bushka (blue panel); black felt tip pen, while gel pen, blender pen; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; glitter: Celebrations Of Australia (made in USA - riddle me this. lol); letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; other: trim

There you go, that's my input for today. Or at least for this morning, 'cause I'm planning on some card making today. I'll see you around! xxx

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Love the Stampendous branch and how you used it with the CC colours. Fabulous card :D Lovely work on the others as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some rockin' cards, missy! holy smokes...love them all! Love your new blog look and that little sweetie at the top would make anyone smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Your daughter is adorable :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your take on my sketch... You are totally amazing! Could you just once make a card that isn't absolutely gorgeous?!?! :)

    And oh my word, could little Zuzia be ANY CUTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fresh cards, and your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bees, too cute with the buttons! I love how you didn't press hard with the stamping! It looks sooo cool! Love the two birds and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so amazing! GREAT take on the sketches!

    And I ADORE that photo of your little princess! TOO sweet! :)

    So glad you played along with 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all lovely creations!! :D Your lil one is soo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I really love your cards! I have to say that the colour combo white, grey and yellow are awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super fantabulous cards!! LOVE them! Always a pleasure to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty cards Chupa! My fave out of this batch is the black & white one. It is so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kto nauczył moją wnuczkę tak pięknie wystawiać jęzorek? A tak w ogóle;to czy w tym wieku już się go wystawia???

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that top card! Great job with the sketch. I love how you used the colors in the second card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. another entry fulled with your stunning designs! love what you have done with the bees and the buttons and the CCCC card is super elegant- so glad I stopped by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness! Lots of fabulous here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whenever I see your name at a challenge, I make sure that I take a look at what you created. You rarely disappoint. The effect you achieved stamping the flourish is stunning. It works so well on that elegant card. And the bumble bee card is just happy.

    Your new blog design is cheerful. Love the floral headpiece you're wearing in your photo. Was it made with flowers you grew?

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous cards...especially love that bold and dramatic (and beautiful) get well card...thanks for playing with the CCEEers

    ReplyDelete
  18. The curtain call is fantastic! Love the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the new blog decoration! love the photo too! simply elegant and stunning (as usual). congrats on your news too

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards, Chupa! Your CAS card is so fun and happy! Love the colors! The Get Well card is just gorgeous! Love the paper and lace! So elegant! And, your Love Birds card is awesome! Love the colors and mix of textures! Thanks for sharing your inspiring creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012