Monday, 12 April 2010

It takes two...

....cards to make a post. lol
I'm not going to elaborate too much this time - it's quite late, I'm tired, and Zuzia is in pain again... we had to stop giving her solids for a couple of days, because bananas got her badly constipated. Imagine how it feels for the baby that spent the first months of her life, getting only breastmilk... poor thing!

I was making these two for the whole day today, bit after bit. Whenever I had a couple of minutes, I jumped at my desk to do some cutting, stamping or adhering. It's not too bad a method, as it allows me to take a fresh look at the project, every now and then, so that I can review the results so far. It used to use this when I was drawing in the past - every time I felt like my mojo is slipping, I was leaving the workplace for a few minutes. It works fantastic.
Anywhoo, I meant not to elaborate... heheh
Here are the cards...

I finally got to play with the Color Throwdown combo this week (CTD87). I paired the challenge with PPA37 - Flowers, and SSSC64.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; papers: Kaisercraft; stamp: Stampin' Up Trendy Trees (sentiment); ink: Grant Black; decorative chalks: Pebbles Inc.; Cuttlebug machine and Spellbinders & EZCut dies; other: ribbon, brads

I love the way the other one turned out - I just love shabby cards, but I'm always a bit scared to start on them. More often than not, as soon as I'm finished with the base of the card, I'd see that it would use a couple of *pretties* -some shabby embellies, hardware, ephemera... and I lack of these severely :) This one looks fine though...
I used SFYTT 34 for the job... do you see what I reduced the circle panel to? haha

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Grant; papers: 7 Gypsies Venice Collection; stamps: Hot Off The Press; ink: Grant Black; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; metal buckle, leather strap

Ta-dah! I'll see you tomorrow folks... you know why? Because I haven't resigned from the Color Dare DT after all! I couldn't part with these yummy challenges... :D My sample is ready, so stay tuned! xxx
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Chupa!! Hope your cute little bug is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards. I really like the way you used the colors for the color challenge in the 1st card. Hope all is better for your little one!

    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards Chupa. I love the bright, cheery colours for the SSSC card and Paris!!!!, oh sweet Paris - how I love thee, this card makes me long to go again!!
    Hope Zuzia is feeling better real quick. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the first card. So soft and your flowers are great. Paris one is well done too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are absolutely breathtaking! I love the Eiffel Tower card and the beautiful flowers and ribbon on the first card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW Iwoana I hope your baby girl will be okay quickly!!! I nursed all three of my girls too and it is a big change for them starting solids!!! Big hugs to both of you!!!

    Just wanted to let you know that both of your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! You rocked both Sketches!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and elegant card Chupa!! love the paper combination of the second one (: is great!
    Hugs,
    Agus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty. Thanks for playing at the PPA. Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012