Monday, 5 April 2010

Lady in red...

...and pink. And just the right touch of blue, and cream. Oh how super sweet. I didn't know that I felt like strong colours today, until I started creating. Especially after re-discovering Melissa Phillips' art, I'm feeling all warm pastel, shabby & cosy inside. Apparently today my "old" self took reign... but you'll be seeing me inspired by her amazing projects in the days, if not weeks, to come.

Actually, the idea behind the first card that I'm going to show you, did come from the pages of Lily Bean Paperie... I'm grateful for Melissa showing me that sweet little vintage images, and other curiosities that I love so much, are stil cool to be put on cards!
Don't laugh. Now that I mentioned it, majority of you would say * but of course!*, but how many of us acutally pull them out of the depth of our drawers/ albums/boxes? There you go :)
Starting from today, I'm determined to use my little beauties every now and then, and don't let them be forgotten...

So, here goes.... a vintage chic card for TESC107, IC226 ~ William Chambers Millinery (click on the beautiful photo below, to go to the source page), C4C31 which is to use kraft CS as a card base, and OCC Challenge - Break Out the Buttons.
Some of you may recognize the butterflies - I *recycled* them from the card that I made the other day, as I didn't like it after all...lol

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital; vintage image: don't remember where I got this one from, but it was printed out; stamp: Grace Taylor (butterflies), Grant (music notes); ink: ColorBox Bronze, Sky Gray, Black; glitter: Reeves; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; rub-on: Basic Grey; other: assorted buttons, trim

Next is the card much different in form of expression, but that's how it should be, as it goes to Embellish Buttons Color Challenge. It's good for that same OCC challenge, and I followed the CPS161 sketch (rotated, as you can see...).

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, Kaisercraft; chipboard letters: American Crafts; black felt-tip pen; other: assorted buttons

And yet another card, that goes to SC274 & FS165, with so very talented Theresa Momber as a Featured Designer. I chose to CASE this card, but adjusted the layout so that it suits the SC sketch. You can see how I used the scrap of DP that stayed after I finished the first card :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant, Kaisercraft, digital; stamp: Flourishes; ink: ColorBox Black, Versa Color Sand Beige, Umber; decorative chalks: Pebbles Inc.; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; Cuttlebug machine & Textile embossing folder; rub-on (sentiment): Fynmark; other: ribbon, brads

Voila! That's all from me, on this sunny Easter Monday afternoon :) We'll be having dinner soon, and then a leisurely family walk. Got to love it when we're all home...
I hope you're successfully recovering from yesterday's sugar rush, and that you spent some lovely time with those you love. Signing off with a beautiful photo, that my hubby took yesterday...

Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!!! So different, but so sweet and elegant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards - love them all! The first one is my favorite - beautiful vintage style and what you did with the buttons was so great. Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are stunning! I really like your button border - that's super cute!!!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to play with us on the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE these cards, especial the first and third vintage-style cards! The first one is especially beautiful. I really like the vintage image and the way you have the lace peaking out from the edge. Great job on the "button" challenge. So glad you were able to have some fun with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, have you been busy!!! Your creations are really great and I love how you used the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards - such a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely set of cards! Thanks for "breaking out the buttons" for this week's OCC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Iwona! Thanks for participating in the TESC107 sketch challenge! I LOVE your card and have selected it as one of our Top Crops this week! t's such a unique combination of beautiful vintage embellishments and the springy colors are so pretty! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/04/tesc107-top-crops.html

    Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

    http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012