Saturday, 10 April 2010

Lazing on the Saturday afternoon

Good (insert the relevant time of the day here) girls, I'm so glad to see you here! Although one may name taking the time to make a card or two, lazing - I'd rather call this day busy, busy, BUSY! Saturday is the time we do our weekly shopping, this is when I usually clean the house too... and we're happy to finally have the time to enjoy each other's company, without worrying that it's alread late or the such.
This day tired me pretty much though, especially that Zuzia has been having some gastric problems.
I had a rather brief rendez-vous with my crafty stuff this evening, but none the less, two cards were made, and a couple of challenges covered. Yay! I'm one little step forward towards *ticking* my favourites!
Here we go...

There is a very nice challenge over at Makeesha's blog - Inspiration Challenge #20. I loved these colours the very moment I saw them. I paired it with FTL85 - another sketch that I simply ADORE!, and CCEE1014 Silhouettes On The Shade.
I also had this *click* in my brain when I saw the inspiration photo - it brought back some of the memories from Poland. Hence this card also goes to IC227 ~ Home Sweet __. It is about making a card inspired by your home state, province, town or country.
While most of you are soaking up the first rays of Spring sun (hopefully!), we are slowly falling into Autumn here. The days have already got significantly colder and shorter, but I know there's going to be no festival of colour following. True, there would be a few deciduous trees here and there, but they're nowhere close to creating the magic of Autumn as I remember it from Poland. I remember how I loved to go to the park, and dip my legs into the piles of rustling leaves, often right up to my knees. I loved to collect maple leaves as I walk, horse chestnut nuts, and breathe the crisp air. I miss it so much...

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Artarama, Quill; stamps: Papertrey Ink Turning A New Leaf, Signature Greetings; ink: ColorBox Whisper Grey, Dune, Brown; ribbon: Ribtex; other: trim, button

The other card is quite different in style, and it's made for TESC108 & F4A7 - Make a Quilt. I admit that I cheated a bit with the latter :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft Devonshire Collection (including the die-cut); stamps: Flourishes; ink: ColorBox Copper, Brown, Versa Color Umber, Sand Beige, Bark; chipboard star: Lil' Davis Designs; sewing machine; rhinestones: Bella!; other: trim, buttons, twine

This is all from me for tonight, but I'll to meet you again tomorrow, sharing the new Card Patterns sketch, and the card that I prepared for it! Have the loveliest evening xxx

p.s. I almost forgot to share a little woot... I got a shout-out for Color Cue #2 on Dawn Jacksonville's blog! These were some seriously juicy colours... Yippee!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Love the first card. Fabulous fall colours and use of the PTI leaves. I'll make sure to walk through a few maple leaf piles for you this fall :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Chupa! Love the simplicity of the first & the gorgeous vintage vibe of the second! I'm so lovin' the crocheted lace trim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and such lovely sentiments! Such a pleasure to look at your blog!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Iwona! You always get done before me! Seems like I follow you from blog to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards - especially the first with those gorgeous colours. I think you need a trip to your homeland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are gorgeous....thanks for playing with the CCEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for the inspiration challenge - LOVE the lace and the colours really reflect this time of year - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love your spin on the inspiration piece. Your card is gorgeous! Love the leaf border :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done, they are both beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - I love how you've trimmed your designs. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These are both stunning! Really love the lacy trim on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for participating in the TESC108 sketch challenge! Your card was selected as one of the Top Crops this week! I just love your vintage style and the fun bling that you incorporated! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/04/tesc108-top-crops.html

    And I can see that you're already displaying the Top Crops badge on your blog! Thanks again for participating! I always enjoying seeing your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012