Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Very flowery

And square-y... and vintage (with a taste of retro) today.
I've been feeling pleasantly shabby & vintage inside, and I'm mad at my stash being so incomplete in these regards... I can drool over Melissa Phillips' or Wendy McKee's work (just discovered this chick lately, and one word can describe her work - A-MA-ZING!!), and then, feeling oh-so-inspired, start on a card, only to discover that I lack of such and such (note to self: raid the local craft market in search for some ephemera).
Anywhoo... here are the new cards :)

First one was made for CPS162. You can sort of still see the sketch in my project...lol
Paper flowers are not what I'd be reaching for often lately (if ever), but they happened to fit the idea.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; papers: October Afternoon Farm Fresh Collection; stamp: Hero Arts (sentiment);Grant (scroll); ink: ColorBox Brown, Versa Color Umber, Bark; brown pen; ribbon: Sullivans; other: buttons, twine; brads, paper, flowers

The other one is for Kay Sibley's bonus sketch over at 2S4Y & CC266: Blushing Coral Rubies. The colours look lovely together, but I think it's easy to *overuse* them, since they're very similar.
This is also my first inspired card, for the lovely Tuesday Trigger: Lovely as a Rose (there are two, second coming below). Since I'm in the vintage mood, I left out the modern side of the photo, and thus the square vase is *pictured* only in the shape of the card.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: quill; paper: October Afternoon Farm Fresh Collection, digital; vellum: Grant; stamp: Kaisercraft; ink: ColorBox Copper; rub-on (sentiment): Fynmark; sewing machine; other: brad, crocheted doily, vintage image, buttons, twine

And one more card, that I made to satisfy my need of square vintage stuff, haha. It's another inspired piece for Tuesday Trigger :) No other challenges involved, which is quite strange of me...I know lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: quill; paper: Grant (Grace Taylor Vintage Collection), digital; stamp: Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings; ink: Grant Black, Versa Color Bark; pearls: Kaisercraft; ribbon: My Mind's Eye; other: lots of lace, buttons, twine

That would be all! Thanks for visiting, have a good evening! xx
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Gasp and DROOL! LOVE all 3 cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhh ~ all so very pretty.
    love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! another set of beauties! love the first one-great papaers! and the moxie cards are just that-MOXIE FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all utterly gorgeous! So romantic and fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your takes on the Trigger are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEKS!!! Oh my goodness, I LOVE every single thing about ALL of your cards!!! Gracious, girly you are so talented!! Perfect and fabulous interpretations and thank you so much for joining us at 2S4Y and using my bonus sketch!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness these cards are so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly fabulous cards!! LOVE these soooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Przepiękne kartki! Wspaniałe zestawienia kolorów i świetnie zawiązana tasiemka w ostatniej :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Love the great colors and embellishments. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!
    Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful cards! Great takes on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOR-GEOUS!!! I'm so glad you played along with us at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Chupa! What gorgeous approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012