Friday, 21 May 2010

CAS-tastic

Hullo! I've got another quick post for you - I'm rather dead already, at this time of night, but I wanted to share these with you first.
I wanted to take part in a couple of current challenges, especially that I found two new sites that looked irresistible (I know I shouldn't really add anything to my challenge list at this stage, but my will is aparently not strong enough, lol)

So, there is a new great color challenge over at Embellish Magazine - and it's with butterflies. Yeah! I never miss the chance to pull out my favourite butterfly stamp :)

Photobucket

I sprayed the butterflies with silver Glimmer Mist - the photo doesn't do it justice, but they shimmer quite nicely.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, SEI; stamps: Grace Taylor (butterfly), There She Goes (sentiment); ink: ColorBox (Black); Silver Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels; other: grosgrain ribbon, brads

Now, the new challenge that I found is hosted by CAS-tastic Challenges, and it's about a one-layer card (CWC004). Another one, A Passion for Papertrey, is challenging us to use your favourite colour. I LOVE aqua & teal, but find myself not using these often enough. At least in a non-DP form *wink* Lastly, there's a yummy Free for All this week: F4A13 - Buttons & Bows. Here's what i've done with these:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama; stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot, Blooming Button Bits); ink: VersaMark, ColorBox (Black); white embossing powder; grosgrain ribbon: Stampin' Up!; pearls: Kaisercraft; other: assorted buttons

Lastly, there's CAS67 - Shabby Chic & CCEE1020 - create a baby card. This card is not true CAS, I'm afraid... but it's still pretty simplified, comparing to most of my creations :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; stamps: Hero Arts (background); Fiskars (rocking horse); ink: Vivid! (Sky Blue), Versa Color (Umber); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; ribbon: Sullivans; rub-on: Wendy Irving; string: Papertrey Ink; other: button

Thank you for paying me a visit tonight! I hope you enjoyed your time... {{hugs}}
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous one-layer card ... that color combination rocks!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's ♥CAS-tastic Wednesday♥ One-Layer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make amazing cards.. i love them all. I love the second one best.. for its simplicity and a touch of pink over blue.. simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aqua and teal too so I really like the card for the passion for papertrey challenge. The baby card is so cute too.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fabulous cards! Your card for our challenge is so bright and fun - I love it!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge - I'm so glad you found our site!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so beautiful! I especially like your CAS-tastic card-the colors, the buttons, its just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I Love them all! stopping by your blog is always a pleasure, and so inspiring :) can't wait to find some time to craft later today. I want to try out the embelish challenge too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are wonderful pieces of art. Really like the simplicity of the polka dot card.

    And thanks for playing at CAS-tastic this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply amazing! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good to see you have finally got around to using the dot spot set! a fantastic job, just love the simplicity, but oh so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all your cards are great.
    Love looking at your blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your dot spot one layer card.... beautiful color combo! Thanks so much for joining us in this week's ♥CAS-tastic Wednesday♥ One-Layer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the kraft butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous one layer card! I LOVE the color combo you used! Thanks for joining us at CAS-tastic Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What stunning cards Chupa - your card using Dot Spot is so fab! Thank you for joining our challenge! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your butterfly card is adorable.....love another card from you too..good luck with the challenge....I am just joining the challenge from Embellish Magazine too...would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before,hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quadrant of butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us in the Embellish Butterflies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012