Thursday, 6 May 2010

Just a little more vintage

I'm so into vintage lately.
I remember not so long ago, I was feeling sad that I'm not capable of achieving a weathered look on cards. I really wanted to, and I was trying to copy the style of some of my vavourite artists. I think I just had to wait for my skills to improve a bit, before I reached for vintage/shabby again... and for my sewing machine. lol
Although I still grieve that I can't zig-zag stitch with it...
Now I just can't get over distressing, stitching, sentimental images, doilies & lace. I love it all!
I'm having two new cards to show you, and they're far from being CAS.

First one is prepared for another over the top Color Dare!
(we're sorry for the last week being free of a challenge, Riley had one of these weeks...)
I {heart} Riley's weekly colour choices to pieces, and this one is no exception. Lookie...

Photobucket

The colours are Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze & Pumpkin Pie.
Below you can see my sample. Do you feel like playing along too? Make a project featuring our colours, post it on your blog or online gallery, then click HERE to go over to the Color Dare blog and link your creation, so that we can all see it!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant; The Girl's Paperie; die-cuts: Kaisercraft; bingo card: Jenni Bowlin Studio; pearls: Rasberry; sewing machine; ink: Versa Color (Umber, Bark); edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; chipboard: Lil' Davis Designs; trim: Double Ruffles Red; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; other: button, string

There's also a new sketch over at OCC (OCCSC14). And it's a really nice one...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Kaszazz; paper: Prima; die-cuts: October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, pearls: Kaisercraft; ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); ribbon: Sullivans; letter stickers: Cloud9 Design, Carolee's Creations; string: Papertrey Ink; other: button

I hope you'll take time to play any of these challenges! Thanks so much for looking, have a a wonderful evening! xxx
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Cudne kolory. Miła odtrutka na deszczowe dni:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful cards, love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these! So bright and cheery and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards... love em!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color combo! Great cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some serious fabbie cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iwona, Iwowna, Iwona....girl you are killing me with your fabulous cards!!! You totally rocked the colors on the first card and the vintage touch is perfecto!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. well girl it looks like you have the vintage look perfected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are fabulous Chupa! That FAITH card is spectacular! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I need to put my feet up and stay awhile every time I come here! That card for the Play Date Cafe a few posts up...holy moley! It's stunning. I love the vintage card here too, and nice job on the OCC card. I just....wow....mouth open. You rock the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012