Monday, 24 May 2010

The Pink Elephant, and some vintage

Hello girls, hope you're doing fine :)
We have just started packing up for the trip! ...and I let out a huge sigh of relief earlier today, for I'm done with my 6 weeks' worth projects... Whew! Let me tell you, the pressure was there with me all the time, that I won't make it. Now I can hopefully relax a bit this evening (as much as one can relax in the middle of pre-journey rush), and perhaps even catch up on a few of my favourite challenges. Again... wheeeew! haha

Anyhoo, I'm here for a reason, and obviously it is my good ole' card making stuff *wink*
This week marks my last challenge with The Pink Elephant as a Guest Designer (TPE68). The theme is orange, and we were asked to use it as a focal point. We also had a pleasure to work with some adorable images from Digital Delights by Louby Loo.
Now, I must admit that my sample is far from meeting my standards or expectations... there are times, unfortunately, that I just can't pull out a decent card, and that was just the said moment. In any other circumstances I'd give it another go later, but I didn't quite have a chance this time...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital; image: Digital Delights by Louby Loo; ink: various from Versa Color, ColorBox; ribbon: Craft Affair; glitter: Reeves; dimensional medium: Glossy Accents by Ranger; sentiment sticker: SRM Stickers; brown marker; other: button, twine

It's also time for my weekly project for Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I'm continuing with a vintage look... I saw a beautiful card in one of the card making magazines a while ago, that was using organza ribbon. I had a light bulb moment, realizing how nicely organza coordinates with the shabby style. You can find this gorgeous Aqua Blue organza right here in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store. I'm also using one of the beautiful White Pearl Vintage Brads (available here), to embellish my bow. I backed it with three off-white paper flowers, that I sponged with ink.
The frame is made from chipboard, that I glittered with some chunky silver glitter. Bling goes so well with vintage, doesn't it? Because of the frame, I'm entering my card into FTTC67.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: October Afternoon, American Crafts, page from an old book; vintage butterfly image; ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); ribbon: Aqua Blue Organza; glitter: Celebrations of Australia; White Pearl Vintage Brad; chipboard frame: Collections; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; pearls: Kaisercraft; other: paper flowers, paper doily

Thanks for visiting, as always! Now I'm off to relax :D
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. you must feel on top of the world now that you have finished all your projects! I look forward to seeing them over the coming weeks! sensational colouring - I think I need to come over for lessons when you return! take some time to relax now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you.and Pink Ribbon is a popular for breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just wonderful. I hope you have a very enjoyable vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first card - darling image and I love the sparkly stars on his hat as well as the out of the box balloons. Nothing wrong from this end :D SOOO excited for you :D Looking forward to hearing about all your wonderful times connecting with family and friends. I'm sure Chuplet will be a big hit too. Hope you can relax a bit before traveling. Enjoy your mom's home cooking and all the special treats she will make for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really awesome creations. A gorgeous vintage one and a cute as a button one. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my sweet friend!!! Sorry for being a bad blogger this past week :( I finally have a chance to go FTTC hopping!!!

    Your sparkly chipboard frame is gorgeous...you do vintage so well Iwona!!! Both of your featured cards are fab as always!!! Hope to see you playing the FTTC again tomorrow :)!!!Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012