Saturday, 1 May 2010

Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Blog Hop gals - so glad to see you joined us!
Today Really Reasonable Ribbon is celebrating the reveal of the brand new Design Team, and I'm proud to be one of the members! WooT!
Along with me, these talented ladies are also going to share some amazing ribbon projects, in the coming months:

Cassie Box
Robbie Herring
Kym Weber
Mindy Baxter
Gini Cagle
Amber Goble
Susan Dupre
Kerri Michaud
Trudy Sjolander
Cheryl Walker
Erika Taylor

So, tonight is the Party time, and to celebrate the event, we are giving away a surprise pack of ribbon and embellishments!! Here's a sneak peek of the prize:


You should have started the Hop at the Really Resonable Ribbon Ramblings blog, and next in the queue is the uber talented Cassie Box!
Make sure you visit her, and the rest of the girls, to leave them some love, and marvel at their beautiful projects!

Below is what I prepared for tonight. I was reading through the suggestions left on the the RRR blog, concerning what you'd like to see, and one particular comment caught my attention. It was about using bold/wide ribbon.
I LOVE big ribbons with bold colours, I think they're fantastic, but I also know that many would shy away from them. No need to!
In fact, if it's a really beautiful piece, like the one that I used in my sample ( you can find in HERE in the store), the best way to use it is to make it a focal point.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Kaisercraft (La Di Da collection); stamps: Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings), Hero Arts); ribbon: Pink Licorice Twist Stripe Grosgrain; ink: ColorBox (Black), Versa Color (Pink); rhinestones: Rasberry; glitter: Reeves, other: staples

I hope you like this easy yet effective way of using ribbon on cards!
Before you head on to Cassie's blog, here's some extra treat from me - one randomly drawn commenter on this post will get this card of mine, along with a little ribbon treat! Woohoo!!
Please check in here tomorrow, to see who the lucky girl is. If I don't receive a response from the winner within 24 hours, I'll make another drawing.
Thank so much for stopping by! {hugs}

Photobucket

45 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the ribbon!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Iwona your card is soooo pretty hun!!! I love how you did the ribbon! Very very pretty!!! :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend hun!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Happy Scrapbooking day!!

    Like the way you have sticked the ribbon to the card!!!

    La Vikinga / Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!
    Definitely a lover of big ribbon here,too. Love how you used it on your cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to do whit a ribbon, i love your card, now i'm hopping allong, hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing what you did with the ribbon........such a great idea.....thanks for sharing......bye, I'm hopping along!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the ribbon! Very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Iwona. I love the staples to hold the ruffle.s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Glad to see your talent is recognized and celebrated on a design team. And I LOVE the ribbon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa, I have always admired your talent and this one too deserves all the appreciation in the world!! Loved your bold bright ribbon and how u have out it to use !!

    I am ribbon lover too and I know what beauty and elegance they add to the project :)

    Congratulations for your design team post!! I know with all the talent you have you are surely gonna win all hearts !!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and great choice for ribbon and how you attached it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love ribbon but have not experimented with different ways to use it. this technique and using staples really appeals to me! congrats on the dt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and that candy is awesome. You are my very 1st person to talk with from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chupa, you are one amazing Pole I tell ya. This card is stunning. I absolutely love the pink/white and black combinations. We are super lucky to have you on the team.

    Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love the way you used the bold big ribbon and made it the focal point, thanks for the inspiration....great card....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!
    Love how you stapled the ribbon!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! I love the brightness of the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new DT position! How wonderful! I am new here and so far am loving what I see! Can't wait to get more RRR updates. PS- LOVE those embellies! & Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FABulous card and that ribbon looks wonderful! Congrats on your DT's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chupa, what great cards you have on your blog! Very cool way to use ribbon with a modern twist.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!!

    Love the card - stapled ribbon great idea ;)

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Misseke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Thanks for the tip on how to use ribbons in a new way :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE that ribbon!!!
    I also love attaching with Staples!!!
    Have you used the Tim Holtz tiny attacher?
    Love it!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a fun card. that ribbon is great and the image on the grid is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love the ribbon as the focal point of the card great job and Inspiration:)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowza! Look at that awesome ribbon and wow...you stapled it on! Cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous - I love big bold ribbon too

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW...what an EYE-CATCHER! This is FABULOUS! I will keep your tip in mind the next time I want to use a wide/bold ribbon! Thanks! This card definitely makes me smile! :)
    Congrats, BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow...awesome card - makes me think of summer. Thanks for brightening my day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how you did your ribbon treatment. Congrat's on your DT assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card! love the way you incorporated the bling...and the ribbon looks great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love ribbon. Hopping along

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the staples and ribbon :D Congrats on the DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great technique, I love the ribbon. Beautiful card.

    So Happy to be designing with you at RRR!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're so right about the wide ribbon...this really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet card! I LOVE the ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautifully done with the Ribbon :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome card! Love the ribbon you used, and love how you adhered it with the staples.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your card! The way you used the bold ribbon is brilliant! Great look without overpowering your design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OOH, I love your ribbon treatment, Chupa! Pleating the ribbon with the staples looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love how you did the ribbon on your card! Fabulous! Look forward to working with you on the design team.

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012