Monday, 5 July 2010

Blooming buttons

Hi there lovelies, are you ready for some ribbon-ey goodness?
It's time for my Monday project for Really Reasonable Ribbon, and this time I chose to showcase a gorgeous black & white Swiss Dots Grosgrain. For me, swiss dots in B&W colour combination, are the quintesence of cuteness, but I'd rarely reach for it in the past, unless I had a monochromatic card in mind.
I had a lightbulb moment the other day, when I pulled this ribbon out, and started designing a card around it. To my surprise and joy, I discovered that it's the splash of bright & cheerful colour in the background, that really lets the ribbon shine!
All I needed to make the project complete, were a couple more B&W accents, including the three utterly gorgeous, hand-made buttons, also available here in the store, and voila! Here's the effect...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Scenic Route Paper, SEI; stamp: Papertrey Ink (Blooming Button Bits); ink: ColorBox (Black); border punch: EK Success; ribbon: Swiss Dots Grosgrain White w/Black; hand-painted buttons (Spring collection)

Did you know that black & white is the colour theme for the Ribbon Club in July? Treat yourself to some gorgeous product, and order your Ribbon Club assortment today! I hope I inspired you to use it on your papercrafting project in a similar way :)

I'm pleased to enter this card in the Summer themed challenge over at A Passion For Papertrey blog. :)

Have a lovely week, I'll see you soon! xxxx
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Świetna kartka - piękne guziczki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Chupa! You're right about the black and white really standing out against the bright colors. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love that Button Bit set and your button selection is wonderful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chupa,
    What a lovely card and I really covet those gorgeous buttons!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! All my favorite kind of things on this card! I love me them buttons! Oooh, spiral punch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely card Iwona! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that ribbon works so well with the colours - I'd have never dared use it but it totally works!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012