Sunday, 11 July 2010

Curtain Call time... and going back home!

Hi there girls, long time no see, eh?
This is my LAST post while abroad... we're heading home as we speak!!! Ahhh....
We're all battered, after a month and a half of moving from house to house, we're more than ready to leave Europe. Zuzia is going to appreciate getting back into a routine as well! Gasp, she's been just the BEST during the whole trip, and I'm so proud of her, but c'mon... six weeks of constant turmoil, it must be devastating for a 9 months old baby! Not to mention, that's she's been teething for most of the time, and she also has got a cold. *rolls eyes* It's been madness at times!
Please, keep your fingers crossed for us, for the next 48 hours! We're leaving Isle of Man (GB) in the wee morning on Saturday, and we're in Australia on Monday morning. It's going to be a LONG trip... *sigh*

I'm not here to whinge, though! It's time to play with a fun set of colours, shall we? Check out the super awesome colour combo for this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 38}:

Photobucket

I LOVE these colours together, it's quite an unexpected set, but so appealing and full of potential. I wish I would have had more time to concentrate on my card, when I was preparing it before we left, 'cause I know I could do much better to showcase them. Oh well, perhaps I will have time for one more try this week :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: Scenic Route; stamps: Basic Grey; die-cut: Kaisercraft; ink: Versa Color (Umber, Bark, Pink, Olive); Color Box (Dark Peony); other: button, string, vintage trim


I hope you'll take time to play along with us! Post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 33 creation using Mr. Linky at our fearless leader's blog, Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thank you for paying me a visit today, and for being the most wonderful commenters on the face of the Earth! I promise that in a couple of days I'll be a much more frequent blogger. Goodness knows there will be some serious stamping going on in my craft room very soon! lol
Until then,
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, you get to sleep in your own bed soon!!! Nothing is better than that :D I can' believe how quickly the time has gone by - I remember when you left! Hoping your flight home is a bit smoother than your flight up. Just use the passifier or have her drink during take off and landing so the pressure doesn't build in her ears and you should be good to go.

    Look forward to having you back home and getting my 3 a day from you :D

    Oops, almost forgot, fun use of this week's colours. Love the ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're on the way home, Chupa! I hope it all goes well for you!

    Wonderful card this week-I love the fun label you used and the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the looks of this card we will be having a cuppa soon!! Hope you had a wonderful trip home and your little cherub slept alot of the way! Great work with your card, love the gathered ribbon! will see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Chupa! Love that ribbon! Safe travels, and hope your home in your own bed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Chupa! Love that cute tea set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card!! Love the cute teapot and teacup!! Great job with the colors!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, it doesn't looked rushed to me! Adorable with the background frame and scrunchy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you're back, girlie! and I love your darling card:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey GF...by the time you read this you are back home...wahooo!!! Hope your trip was not too bad and you got to sleep a bit!?!?!

    Your teapot card is just beautiful!!! Awesome design and you always have the neatest ribbon and details!!! Love it!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! That lace is perfect! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you made it home safely. I know it's always nice to be back to our own home country but traveling is just so hard and long...ugh!

    Your card is so charming and lovely! I love the pleated lace. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012