Wednesday, 28 July 2010

I stamp, therefore I am

Therefore I am... happy! :) Seriously, guys... you know this feeling, right?? The joy of creating, and satisfaction from the outcome is incomparable. I just LOVE this feeling... to the point of addiction. Yup, here's the guilty one...

So, as you might suspect, I did some stamping this morning. I've got heaps of other work (that makes me happy too!), but I wanted to catch up on several favourite challenges first, before some of them get past "use-by date". Here they are...

Laura's sketch 57... one of the nicest 2S4Y sketches that I had the opportunity to play with. I still had to tweak it... lol. Can you still see it there?
I combined it with Passion for Papertrey's Forever Friends challenge.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (butterflies only); paper: My Mind's Eye, Scenic Route; chipboard: SEI; stamp: Papertrey Ink (In Bloom); ink: Kaleidacolor (Cappuccino); rub-on: Fynmark; Cuttlebug & QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder; border punch: Fiskars, Martha Stewart; sewing machine

It's not normally that I would make an element stick out of the card base, but I thought it would create an extra interest here, especially that it's a super simple design.

Here's also how I interpreted this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC77), and the colours of CTD103. These colours screamed winter Holidays to me, and I just had to comply... :)
Seems ilke I'm starting on Christmas cards early this year!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; paper: Three Bugs in a Rug, plus a no-name brand (the center panel); chipboard: Maya Road; stamp: DRS Designs (trees), TPC Studio (sentiment); ink: Hero Arts (Soft Leaf), Versa Color (Khaki); decorative chalk: Pebbles; border punch: Fiskars; ribbon: Sullivans, stash; pearl: Kaisercraft

Did you notice, how I use a lot of shadowing lately? It's not sponging what I'm doing... it's the chalk from Pebbles, my friends, that stole my heart lately. I'm IN LOVE. I love the sponging effect on cards, but never mastered the sponge dauber + ink duo... and frankly, unless you're wickedly talented or use an airbrush, it's never going to be flawless, yes?? Now, with chalks it always is, and woohoo, it's right up my alley! :) Seriously, guys... you've got to check them out, it's worth the effort!

I've still got one more card to show you, and it's for the Card Patterns sketch 74 (I missed you, girls!!), paired with cQc#43. I really like this card... and I'm glad to finally found use for these fun DCWV chippies, that I was hoarding for ages.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; paper: DCWV; chipboard: DCWV; stamp: TPC Studio (lion); ink: Versa Color (Bark); leafy trim: available here

That is all for now, I'm glad that you stopped by to check them out! Have a great evening, and I'll see you again soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh what a tremendous trio of cards! I adore your first one - so fresh and pretty! I wish I could get my impressions plates to work that well *grr* ;D
    I can't do Christmas yet but seeing so many cards here in Blogland has me tempted to be organised this year - love the traditional colours.
    Oh and your last card is cute, cute, CUTE!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! They're all so gorgeous and unique! Love the sponging with the pebbles chalk, I can't seem to get the same effect you do when I use mine. Thanks also for the leaf/vine link! I've been looking for that stuff forever!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! What a fabulous job with all of the challenges, but my favorite is the first one. I love the embossed white cardstock to balance out the patterned paper. Thanks for the reminder about Pebbles chalks, too. I haven't pulled mine out in ages, but now I'm remembering how much I liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards, Chupa. Love the Christmas one and how fun to find out it was chalks! Love the bright colours and white space on the first card and the little lion is too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCRUMPTIOUS muffins - these are WONDERFUL! I always feel a little dizzy after viewing one of your amazing, action-packed posts! These cards are OUTSTANDING! Delighted that you got your STAMP on! {And YES! I know EXACTLY what you mean!:o) } Yee haw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work! So bright and fun :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. More fabulous cards, girlfriend! I just love the elegance of the CTD one! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!

    I
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea to make a Christmas card with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge colors! As always, fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these, as always Iwona! Great details and fabulous combinations of colors and elements. We miss you on CP, so glad to see you playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! Your card for the CQC is wonderfully creative! Thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards---both of them! Love what you did with the CTD colors--just a gorgeous Christmas card! And the fuN CQC card makes me smile all over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love 'em all! LOVE what you did with the Throwdown colors! Funny... it never occurred to me that this could be Christmas-y! LOL Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Chupa! I love the bright, cherry colours against the white - thanks for joining the challenge at A Passion for Papertrey! Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012