Tuesday, 13 July 2010

No place like home

If you're looking for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop post, please click HERE or scroll down a bit. Thank you.

SO... we're back home, finally. Although I wish I could say that I couldn't be happier, settling down after a surprisingly good journey back. Don't get me wrong - we are thrilled to sleep in our bed again! - but we're all now suffering from a nasty post-flight syndrome. LOL
Chuplet, as much as she somehow managed to be an angel through the flight, she couldn't be more miserable now. Me and hubby are generally worn out, and we're having trouble grasping the reality. It just never is too easy for our system, to cope with such big time difference!

Anyway, we seem to be coping for the moment... and as one would expect, there never is an obstacle big enough, to deprive myself of an opportunity to hop into the craft room!! :)
Holy smokes, it's been six weeks without a single card! (pun intended)
I was a bit afraid that I'll loose the plot after a break like this, but apparently cardmaking is like driving a car. One you learn it, you never forget *wink*

So, I had an evening card making session yesterday, regardless of the tremendous tiredness. My hubby already entered the phase of understanding (or perhaps he just gave up??), so when I told him that I might just skip one more night, he just smiled and hugged me. Hehehe...

But! Enough of my ramblings, it's time to get down to business. Here's the brand new stuff! Yippee!!
First one is designed for FTTC75 (which is to use felt - I made use of some felt alphabet, that I had lying around for ages), WT278 - Yellow Sunshine, PDCC37 with the cutest inspiration photo, and the FTL98 sketch. Mind you, the card turned out far from clean and simple, but believe me - I tried! :P

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: October Afternoon, Kaisercraft; border punch: EK Success; red marker; satin polka dot ribbon; burlap; rhinestones: Kaisercraft; chipboard star: Lil' Davis Design; string: Papertrey Ink; felt alphabet (I'm sorry, I forgot the brand)

Next I've got the project with the stunning colours of Embellish Invitations Color Challenge, and SSSC77 sketch.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: October Afternoon; stamp: Hero Arts (sentiment); ink: Versa Color (Olive); green marker; pearls: Kaisercraft; grosgrain ribbon; ric-rac ribbon; pom-pom trim; lace; button; string. The label is hand-cut.

And lastly, I combined the TESC120 sketch, and CWC011 - Kraft-y Creations, for this project:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, DCWV; paper: October Afternoon; stamp: Papertrey Ink (Turning A New Leaf, Signature Greeings); ink: Grant (deep red), ColorBox (Black); pearls: Kaisercraft; fabric flower

You might have noticed that the lighting on my photos is different than usual. I'm still having issues with my graphic software, so I'm using only the simplified tools on Photobucket, to edit my photos. In result they're much darker. Mind you, the effect is not as dreadful as I would expect. I hope you're fine with it too, as you'll have to put up with it for the time being, until I solve the problem :/

Did I tell you how grateful I am for YOU? Thank you, thank you for being the best commenting folks evah! Signing off with a happy heart,
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. You most definitely have not lost your mojo! These are all fabulous, Chupa!
    It is always hard to adjust to being back home. I hope you all recover quickly and grace us with more of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are fantabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! The burplap looks wonderful on your PDCC entry, thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely back in the saddle LOL! Great showcase or cards. I'm sure you will be crancking out multiples as your creativity gets an outlet again! Hopefully the jet lag will not last too long and everyone can get back on track again soon. Glad you had a great trip and made it back safe and sound ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you back and crafting! Loving all of these card but the last one captures my eye in particular - love the shape around the leaf stamp!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous, Chupa! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! Look at all these fabulous cards! Love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great array/showcase of cards. I like the pops of color along with the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWzer GF you are right back in to the stampin' mode...good for you!!! All of your cards are gorgeous!!! Lovin' the sweet felt creation...thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another "Wow" cards, Iwona!! The card you used the felt letters is so fun and cute!
    Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so wonderful! I especially like the TE sketch card...beautiful colors!! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all beautiful creations! I love the felt and layout of the JOY card and the pompom trim on the other!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards. Love them all :) Thanks for joining in with us at the play date cafe, and hope your little Chuplet feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO lovely to see you back in The Cafe....this is such a wonderful card for the holiday season and a great addition to The Play Date Cafe Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the cards are lovely! Your use of the pDCC colors is so fun! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your cards are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. as a girl who travels often, I still say that there is no place like home! And sleeping in my own bed is something I dream about every day! Hopefully our beds will be arriving in a few weeks! I love all your beautiful cards! You have such a great style! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful design! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what JOY, Chupa! Three fabulous cards and one with felt! Love the designs and so glad you are back, all bit it, exhausted! One would never know by the looks of these! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your spotlight! Love those poms!

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on your embellish spot light. love the lil pompoms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012