Monday, 9 August 2010

Baja Poppy Cakes!

Mmmm... I love poppy cakes... and I love sampling for the Color Challenge at SCS!
This week's colours are Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade & Crumb Cake (CC283). Now is this a yummy combo or what?!
There's also a fab dessert option: Extra Extra Read All About It!
Newsprint is everywhere! Whether it is actual newspaper, designer paper, or handstamped to look like newsprint, find fun ways to add it to you creation!

I was thinking about using a newsprint DP or cut out some newspaper, but in the end it didn't fit my idea for the card, so I ended up cutting out some phrases from an October Afternoon paper.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Grant Archival, Canson; paper: October Afternoon; stamp: Papertrey Ink (Blooming Button Bits); ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); sewing machine; decorative chalk: Pebbles; twill ribbon available here; string: Papertrey Ink; button

The sketch that I used is CPS179 (turned on the side, and tweaked... of course *wink*)

Photobucket

Thanks again for stopping by, have a fabulous day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Chupa!! Love the colors and those roses !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color combo and use of the sketch. I love your paper roses and the sponging! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Chupa! What kind of thread did you use to sew your card? It looks heavier than what I usually use, and I guess you used a longer stitch. I love the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE those flowers!! That pop of red is perfect. Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many things I love about this card! The paper, the colors, the flowers, the ribbon and the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Przepiękna! Te kolory i różyczki mnie zachwyciły!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these colours are so wonderful together, love the flowers, very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous.. Love your colours... Love the gorgeous flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! LOVE those little flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love those colors, and the flowers are amazing!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012