Thursday, 19 August 2010

CASE Study Challenge #2

Good afternoon! It's my utter pleasure, to bring you another CASE Study challenge (CSC02)!!
The first one was met with a terrific response, and I can't wait to find out how many of you decide to play with us this time :)
Please stop by & feel inspired, and most importantly - join us! We've got weekly prizes... *wink wink*

For this week I decided on this card of Makiko Jones (our super fabulous August Muse):

Photobucket

It has more subdued colours than the last week's one, and shows a romantic side of Maki's. I just love it to pieces...
Initially I wanted to make something similar in style, but somehow ended up with an ultra bright card... The flowers were watercoloured as normally, and I put a coat of Twinkling H2O's in different colours on top. It shimmers beautifully now - such a shame that the photo didn't "catch" it...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: October Afternoon; The Girls' Paperie; satin ribbon available here; pinking scissors: Birch Craft; sewing machine; stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), Penny Black (flowers); ink: StazOn (Timber Brown), Versa Color (Umber); plaid brad by Pixiepetals; Twinkling H2O's; decorative chalks: Pebbles; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen

Guess what - Bonnie from Really Reasonable Ribbon is sponsoring us this week - woohoo!! Thanks so much Bonnie, love ya'!! The more reason to play along... you could win a $10 certificate to the store!

Yet again I used the beautiful Kazan's sketch 59 for my card. This layout is timeless:

Photobucket

Want more fabulous inspiration? Check out what the rest of CASE Study Design Team prepared for your viewing pleasure today:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Carole Kisch
Cindy Lee
Lenet Mos
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Makiko Jones (August Muse)

...and last but not least, hop over to the CASE Study blog, and play along with us!!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by, I'll be back soon... xxx
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This card makes me happy. Thank you for play with us at 2S4Y this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa, I'm with Regina. This card just brings smile to many of us :):) I love the happy & bright colors! Beautiful & gorgeous bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness these are beautiful cards! the daylily on the first is incredibly beautiful! I love the touch of purple on the second. Lovely color blending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards could not be more lovely!!! I always just LOVE EVERYTHING you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one makes me smile, such bright and vibrant colours! The big happy bow and flowers are a real stand out for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love visiting your blog - always so much inspiration and what you do with the sketches is just amazing!
    Thanks again for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012