Sunday, 1 August 2010

Curtain Call (and my first time with Nesties)

Hi there friends, how do you like the new look of my blog? Pretty cool huh? :) I fell in love with this template as soon as I saw it... and now it's mine! MWAHAHAHAAAA!

Today I'm bringing you my card for the new awesome colours of Curtain Call Color Challenge: {ACT 41}.
In case any of you is wondering - this is no joke with the title of my post - this was my first time with Nestabilities...
My most awesome stamping buddy and fellow Curtain Crew member, Sue Kohler, was kind enough to lend me a couple of sets. Do you know what I'll be doing for the next couple of days?? TEE HEE!

So, this combo is another winner in my books. Check it out:

Photobucket

Did you take a closer look at the inspiration photo? Aren't these blue stones (?), wrapped in lace, the cutest things EVAH?? *sigh*
Here is my card...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson, Artarama; paper: Scenic Route, DCWV; stamp: Sullivans; ink: Versa Color (Lagoon Blue); paper piercer; Cuttlebug machine & Nestabilities Pinking Circle; decorative chalks: Pebbles; string: Papertrey Ink; stickers: SRM Stickers; eyelets, glitter

I chose to play with the brand new SFYTT... there are not many sketch designers in the Blogland like Jen, who would produce such beauties, unfailingly week after week :) As you can see, I rotated the layout.

Photobucket


I hope you'll take time to play along with us! Post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 33 creation using Mr. Linky at our fearless leader's blog, Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Okie, I'll be running now, but I hope you'll come back in a couple of hours, to join in The Greeting Farm Anniversary Blog Hop! {{hugs}}
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure I was on the right blog LOL! So glad you love your new look. Isn't it wonderful when you find something that is just you :D

    Welcome to the world aka addiction of Nesties (like we need any more LOL!) You've done a great job with them. I have a long list of them on my wish list and always enjoy using them!

    Wonderful use of this week's colours! Love the brads, twine and fun feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog face, great card, and great use of nesties! hard to believe these are your first! i'm sure, though, not your last:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time using nesties....oh my, you'll need some for yourself now! Fantastic card Chupa, I didn't think I needed those pinking circles, but now I may! Great new look on the blog as well. Oh and congrats, just saw your news on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chupa, Iwona!

    Wow, what wonderful cards you make! I came to your blog via Lenet, who also makes such pretty, pretty cards and I immediately also joined in fr your blog followers, I love the style of your cards! This card is pretty, like a lot the little text-banner of 'make a wish, make a wish'! Lovely! I'll be looking very much forward to following the beautiful cards you create!

    Love, Wendy
    (your new fan from the Netherlands ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I want these nesties Chupa...this is fantastic..great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks great, Chupa! Fabulous job with the color combo and the Nesties! I love the eyelets and twine, they really add to the masculine look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do I start? Everything is fabulous! The colors, the layout, the grid paper, the new log look...and I cannot BELIEVE you have never used Nesties before!!!! *mouth agape* :)

    And, ummm... what's the great news on FB that Jullie speaks of, hmmmm???? Anything the rest of us should know?? *giggle* Yes, I'm being nosy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the nestabilities cuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new blog! and your card is just darling! I cannot believe you haven't used nesties before!!! the trouble is....once you try...you have to have them all!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made these nesties sing, you are such a clever chickadee!!!! you have created another stunning card, love it on so many levels!! not sure whether i am going to get these nesties back, you seem to have found your niche-lol!! Your new blog layout is so fantastic that I needed to go for a visit- thanks for the heads up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous guy's card Chupa! Love the vellum greeting as well as the eyelets and thread. You really rocked those nesties too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love those nesties! I can't believe it's your first shot at them...what an incredible job. Are you a convert now? I had to get a closer peek to see how you attached your vellum, I still can't figure it out! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012