Saturday, 21 August 2010

Faux mother of pearls

Happy Saturday, everybody! I hope you enjoy your day as much as I enjoyed mine so far. It was filled with Zuzia's laughter & joyous chatter - I can't get enough of it!
Towards the evening, she decided to entertain herself for a while, which let me concentrate on this card:

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: Crate Paper; stamp: Papertrey Ink (In Bloom), Penny Black; ink: StazOn (Timber Brown), Versa Color (Celadon, Lagoon Blue, Khaki, Fresh Green); edge distresser; sewing machine; lace trim; brown ric-rac; string: Papertrey Ink; pearls: Kaisercraft; Nestabilities Ovals, Scalloped Ovals

I finally decided on a little exercise, and tried a Faux Mother of Pearl technique (find a fab tutorial here on SCS). What a great effect it is indeed! Although to me it looks more like marble... perhaps next time I should use glossy cardstock.

I was planning to go back to the colours of CTD106 , and so I did:

Photobucket

The sketch is C4C51 (that I mirrored vertically):

Photobucket

Thank you for looking, have a fabulous evening! xxx
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh so that's how you use DP on cards!!!! I need to learn from the Master (aka you!)
    Great take on the sketch and such a pretty card - love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond gorgeous, Iwona!! I love everything about the card :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chupa! Love the colors, the oval element with the pretty image, the lace... the distressing looks great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Chupa :D Love how you used the flower and leaves in the oval.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG GF...your card is drop dead fabulous!!! Love how you used the colors, the lace, distressed edges and the Sketch :)!!! Thanks for playing with us!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012