Saturday, 28 August 2010

Glittered up

Hi-ya friends! I forgot to share with you, that I've been to Paperific today (an Australian version of CHA), and of course I left it with some goodies! I snatched a couple of adorable stamps, that I will surely be playing with soon. After a few busy hours spent browsing, chatting and spending money (duh!) I came back home, wondering if I have any strength left for stamping. Apparently I did :)

The first card that I'd like to share, is a Holiday-themed project with not quite a classic holiday colour scheme... It illustrates perfectly how random my creative process is at times... As I'd often do, I chose the papers first, to suit the colour inspiration of ssnotime154, and let them dictate the rest. Only when I was finished with the paper part, I looked at the card and started thinking, how to interpret the circles in the TESC126 sketch that I chose to work with.
After some rummaging done in my stash of chippies, these snowflakes just looked too cute not to give them a try. As they say, the rest is history :)
I actually think that it's a charming card, and it makes me feel warm & cozy. How about you?

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: Kaisercraft; chipboard: Maya Road; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; burlap & lace available here; ink: Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye Duo), Versa Color (Pinecone, Celadon); edge distresser; glitter: Reeves; Glossy Accents by Ranger

Yes, what you can see is me using burlap again... *rolls eyes* Seriously, guys, I can't get my hands off this stuff! I LOVE the texture & dimension that burlap adds to my cards! You'll see some more of it tomorrow :)
Also, I'm not sure whether you noticed how I made the snowflakes - after inking them up, I applied firstly some glitter, and then Glossy Accents. It's a truly wonderful effect.

Here are the sketch & photo inspiration used for the card:

Photobucket Photobucket

There's one more challenge that applies here... F4A27: Think Snow......Man!

I've got one more card, a nice & compact, clean & simple sumthin':

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: DCWV; stamps: Fiskars (boat); Papertrey Ink (sentiment); There She Goes (Clouds); black pen; glitter: Reeves; ink: StazOn (Jet Black); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; decorative chalks: Pebbles

This one was inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger. What an awesomely beautiful photo (and view)!

Photobucket

As you noticed, I decided on the water part to guide my design. I loved the airy, fresh look of the interior, and so I settled down for a CAS design. I simply tore some scraps of paper, to create the waves, and glittered the white parts with glitter, to make them glisten in the setting sun.

I found the colours very similar to cQc#47, too:

Photobucket

So, there you have it :) I feel like I did my share tonight, and I'll be glad to snuggle up in bed now, with a good book. Mmmmm... got to love weekends. I hope yours is just as good - see you soon! xxx
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. LOVIN' both of you cards but especially the Tuesday Trigger one...thanks for sharing and have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pair of lovely cards! LOVE the rich colors in the first and the texture with the burlap/lace and love the fresh, clean look of the second! GREAT work on both. So glad you played the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pair of fabby cards! Love the warmth of your first one, reminds me of sipping mulled wine in winter! Your Tuesday Trigger one is SWEET!!! Love those sparkly waves, girlie!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome cards!!! I hope you had tons of fun today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh, Chupa, these are absolutely fabulous! LOVE 'em ... and that holiday card is a-mazing!!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These 2 cards are absolutely fantabulous! Love how you created the waves with the torn paper and added the glitter :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, Chupa! Thanks for oining the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Especially love the inking on the Trigger card. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely cards! Really like the Boat!!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards...Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chupa! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012