Saturday, 7 August 2010

I love weekends!

Happy Saturday, everybody! I'm excited to bring my two latest creations to you, because I'm so happy with them both :)
I must have spent a good couple of hours on the first one, but I think it was worth the effort... check it out:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: Basic Grey (Offbeat); stamp: Penny Black; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; decorative chalks: Pebbles; glitter: Reeves; ribbon: Sullivans; border punch: Fiskars; sentiment rub-on: Fynmark; pearls: Kaisercraft; sewing machine

For the main image, I painted the sun first with my watercolour pencils, and sponged the sky around with chalks. Then, I stamped the ferns. I also added some colour to the sentiment, which is a rub-on.
I made this card for TESC123 (one of the best TE sketches that I remember working with!), F4A24: It's Garden Picken Time, BBB01, and OCCC It's Embossable. I embossed the label, does that count? lol
Here's the mighty sketch:
Photobucket

Next, I combined GS#50 sketch, and FLLCAUG10 (Kid's Play Challenge) on the card below.
The child's play that I was inspired with, is a Polish rhyme that I used to love when I was a kid. It goes roughly: "the little fox wanders about the road, he has one foreleg, and one hindleg". Don't ask... LOL

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; paper: Scribble Scrabble; stamp: Sugar Nellie; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; burlap, raffia string; paper piercer; rub-on: Fynmark; paper flower

Photobucket

How do you like them? :)
I'm hoping to get some more stamping done tonight, since yesterday was a bit "frugal" in this regard, so I better sign off and leave you to it...
Again, thank you with all my heart for your ever so lovely comments. Without your support, I wouldn't be here. I {heart} you, guys! xxx
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. The first one is GORGEOUS Iwona!!! Love that scene you've created and the ribbon and pearls are beautiful accents!!

    Love how you've used the texture in the second and that image is adorable (love the rose you've added too)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh totally worth the effort, Chupa!!! Seriously beautiful card with fabulous inking!
    Lovin' the burlap treatment too - I won't ask about the Polish rhyme, the fox in it sounds kinda strange! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards look wonderful! Your coloring is amazing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the cards are awesome Chupa!! You colored them so well and the jute looks great on the second one

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of cards, Chupa. I love the first one - well worth you efforts!! The silhouettes are lovely against the sparkly sun and work wonderfully with the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards! Love your use of the burlap and raffia on the second card. Beautiful coloring, too. The first was well worth every moment you spent on it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just too pretty for words! I love the rhyme that you based your card on -- too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are 2 beautiful cards...I love the texture and colors
    Cookie Sheldon

    www.longaberger.com/cookiesheldon


    Beautiful things for your home
    Beautiful moments for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both stunning cards! Love how you've used the ferns in the first one. And that little girl is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both beautiful! The fox rhyme made me giggle! Lovely cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are wonderful. I like what you did with the fern! THanks for playing in the Kids Play challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both gorgeous! Love the sun scene and the way you used the ferns. Fabulous combination of challenges to result in this beauty. The burlap on the second card is amazing! Wonderful texture and fabulous colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gorjuss girl card is so beautiful! The coloring is just fantastic. I want to print it out and put it on my wall, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iwona, they are both GORGOUS! I LOVE all the texture on both cards! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, love the rich colors and all the details put into this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012