Friday, 20 August 2010

Me & my sewing machine...

...are best friends. Mind you, it's me who has to endure all these bad stitch days, or "I've got no thread to wear" moments, but in the end this relationship gives me so much joy.
I only started to realize how incomplete my life was, when she (yes, she's a girl) was not around!

*cough* Jokes aside though, I've got a new card for you, that was made for a real friend of mine... and a very dear one indeed. I hope she enjoys it :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; stamps: Stampendous, Memory Box, Flourishes; ink: Versamark, Versa Color (Petal Pink, Opera Pink, Orchid), StazOn (Jet Black); clear embossing powder: Hero Arts; chipboard bird: Collections; jute string available here; sewing machine

Now, this is another no-DP card of mine... can I have some applause here? lol
I know I should reach for my stamps more often, and especially for Versamark. Thanks to the WT284 challenge art SCS, I broke up the ink pad, and some neglected stamps, and did some good ole' heat embossing.
I learnt today that a very ordinary tissue is great for sponging. I actually prefer it over sponges now - it gives a nice satin finish.
The other challenges that I prepared this one for, are F4A26 - Mash it up! (which is to mix & match different companies' stamps - not a toughie for me at all, I do it all the time! :D), OCCSC29 (sketch) & FTTC80 (colours - revisited).

Photobucket Photobucket

Thanks for now! I should be back shortly with at least one more post tonight (Aussie time), I hope to see you around! xxx
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This card is awesome. That chipboard bird looks great on the branch. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet colour combo! Now I need to learn from you how to use DP 'cos I really struggle with it but bravo for not using DP for you on this sweet card!
    Wish my relationship with my Machiney was as good as yours; mine's a guy so maybe that's where I'm going wrong LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you are so funny Iwona...glad you and your sewing machine are so close :)!!! Beautiful card and take on the FTTC colors!!! The heat embossed BG is fabulous...I totally forgot about this idea...TFS!!! Thank you for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course she is going to LOVE this!! beautiful colors and love all the stitching :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012