Saturday, 21 August 2010

An occasion to smile

Are you still having a great time this weekend? I hope so! I also hope that you'll play with this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge: {Act 44)! Look at these cheerful colours:

Photobucket

It looks like Stacey is inviting you to squeeze the very best out of the last weeks of summer!
Below is what I've done with this colour combination - can you tell I love my pinking shears lately?

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson; paper: October Afternoon; stamp: Hero Arts; ink: StazOn (Timber Brown); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; sewing machine; pinking scissors; decorative chalks: Pebbles; buttons; grosgrain ribbon

The background is clear embossed, but it's hard to see on the photo... I also applied some grey chalk to the edges (which coloured the thread too - I like this technique), and shaded the image with it.
I used the new Card Patterns sketch 78:

Photobucket


I hope you'll take time to play along with us! Post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 44 creation using Mr. Linky at our fearless leader's blog, Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for visiting, have a happy & relaxed Sunday!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Too cute :D Love the cookoo clock, your stitching and the patch of gingham paper. Great use of this week's colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Chupa! Love the old-fashioned coo-koo clock with these happy colors:) Thanks for rocking the colors each and every week, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, everything ties together so well-the ginham and stitching and buttons. Very positive sentiment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't this just super adorable?! Everything's so well thought & the colors are just gorgeous Iwona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done it again, you work so quick Miss Chupa!!! I have been noticing the pinking on some of your work lately, you use them perfectly!! I was only looking at a pair the other day, ESP must be kicking in!! you have again worked the colours fabulously, especially love your cookoo clock, reminds me of Grandma's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card! I love your dangles from the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is adorable, Chupa, great use of these colors...have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely darling, Chupa! Your coloring is always fabulous, and this is no exception. You really made these happy colors sing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Chupa! Love this stamp and everything you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, girlie! The chalk is perfect around the cuckoo clock and fits the colors to a "T"! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute,I love the cuckoo clock and the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card Chupa! Loving that cuckoo clock stamp - is so cute! And once again you've chosen a sketch and papers to really show off your image - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fabulous as always! Love the cuckoo clock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute! The red gingham just POPS in the background! Great job with the colors!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Such a great sentiment with the clock image! Let's see....I love the ribbon, gingham paper, stitching, buttons, image and sentiment...in short...all of it!

    BTW-This is the first time I've noticed you use Canson paper. I was wondering which one...my daughter uses their sketch pads and LOVES them. I'm actually having a hard time finding them locally these days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent design...love the cuckoo clock with the primary color scheme, it has a real sweet folk art vibe.
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the sketch! Colors are so vibrant! I like very much the clear embossed bg! Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012