Sunday, 8 August 2010

Stepping out of the comfort zone

Good evening! I'd like to show you what I came up with this evening. These two are not my usual style, but I enjoyed making them :)

I used Card Patterns sketch 76 for this artsy-vintage piece:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV, Grant; paper: 7 Gypsies; stamp: Hot Off The Press (post mark); ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); tag: Basic Grey; ephemera: Collections; burlap; string; edge distresser; twill ribbon available here; metal brads; illustration from an old book

For the focal point, I cut out an image from a book, and adhered it to a Basic Grey tag, so that it provided a nice background. Lastly, I added some stamping to the "sky".
Here's the sketch - can you see how I tweaked it? lol

Photobucket

I also combined FTL102, ssnotime151 - One Layer Cards, and C4C49, which is to include a cupcake in the project. I thought that it would be fun to make a shabby'style CAS, and came up with this:

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: Scenic Route; stamp: Basic Grey; ink: ColorBox (Gold, Dune, Blush Rose), Versa Color (Pink, Sand Beige); glitter: Reeves; buttons; rub-on (don't remember the brand); lace trim, string: Papertrey Ink; brown marker

And here's the FTL sketch:

Photobucket

That's all from me for now, thank you for visiting! xxx
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oooh you've totally mastered that first card style - I seriously LOVE it! I could never achieve that look but I adore it so!
    Don't even get me started on those cupcakes, girlie! I'm drooling all over my keyboard LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa, Love the cards...especially the cupcake one...so cute how you added the buttons for the FTL sketch..thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your talent is incredible, Chupa! You can do whatever you want.. every style you want.. you always create a masterpiece! Gorgeous creations!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!! They are all great cards but that first one.....wowowowowowow!!!!! I agree with the rest of the comments....you are wickedly talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For stepping out of your comfort zone these are sure comfortable looking. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu did fabulously well with the top card - all that distressing and I love the twill you used through the tag. Darling second card with the sparkly cupcakes. Can't wait to see your Curtain Call card :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piękne kartki - zwłaszcza starociowa... Ostatnio intensywnie podpatruję i uczę się stylu vintage, koniecznie musze spróbować, bo efekty są świetne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous, Chupa! I absolutely LOVE the cupcake card (of course! Tee hee!)....the stamping & glittering is fabulous!! Wonderful job using FTL 102!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creations! LOVE your adorable one-layer card!

    Thanks for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "One-Layer Card" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards girl! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first card is gorgeous and the second card is so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iwona, your cupcake card is delicious!!! Love this simple design and the focus on the yummies!!! Thank you for playing the C4C with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cards Iwona! Love how you tweaked the sketch a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012