Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Time for CASE Study!

Hi there, my friends! Would you like to jumpstart this fine day with a fantastic inspiration?
Head over to CASE Study, for we've got some for you!
We just launched our third challenge (CSC03), and there's a brand new card by Makiko Jones (our muse for August), serving as an inspiration piece:

Photobucket

I chose this one for its undeniable beauty and perfect execution. I love the dimension that the flowers give to an otherwise simple design, and I also wanted to challenge myself to using purple. As many of you, I'm having a hard time working with it - especially when it's paired with blue. That's what I think is wonderful in our challenges - they give me a chance to learn & stretch, while still doing "my thing" ;)

Here is my card... I drifted towards shabby, but kept the lovely, pastel colours, and of course added a flower. This little beauty is hand made by Aesa Lina, and owner of PixiePetals on Etsy, and one of our generous sponsors! You do want to check her store - I promise you that you'll ooh and aah a lot :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; paper: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy); stamp: Stampin' Up! (Happy Harmony); ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); pearls: Kaisercraft; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; burlap; grosgrain ribbon; lace trim; pearl brad; fabric flower

I'm entering the card into FTTC81, which is to use lace. Mmmmmm.... lace.... easy peasy!

Want more inspiration? Check out what our FABULOUS CASE Study Design Team prepared for your viewing pleasure today:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Carole Kisch
Cindy Lee
Lenet Mos
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Makiko Jones (August Muse)

...and last but not least, hop over to the CASE Study blog, and play along with us!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a beautiful card, Iwona!! I love the way you added the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the sentiment and the way you placed the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Iwona! a great take on Maki's stunning creation! so much to love here, the flower is absolutely fabulous and the pearls are the perfect top off!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012