Monday, 23 August 2010

Two cards, two styles

I wrote in the previous post, that I'm planning on doing some more stamping tonight, and so I did. Ohh, evenings like this this make me happy :)
Would you like to see the results? Here goes...

Firstly I made a card for The Shabby Tea Room (TSTR24), which is another lovely inspiration picture. Did I say how much I adore their challenges? I paired it with a fantastic sketch over at Get Sketchy (GS#52). It's unique and therefore asks for a non-standard interpretation. I had so much fun creating this one!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (River Rock); paper: Basic Grey, Crate Paper; sewing machine; ribbon: Stampin' Up!; pinking shears; chipboard hearts: Lil' Davis Designs; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; ink: Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye); string; buttons

Here are the challenge references:

Photobucket Photobucket

I also made this one - practically a no-brainer, some layering and pretty papers. Nothing overly creative here, I'm afraid :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SEI; paper: DCWV; stamps: Grant (Grace Taylor), Flourishes; ink: Versa Color (Lime, Paprika), Fabrico (Lemon Yellow); decorative chalks: Pebbles; brads

This card follows the current The Pink Elephant sketch (TPE81):

Photobucket

Now it's time for me to have a good night's sleep, so I'm leaving you to it, my fabulous friends. I will see you tomorrow! {hugs}
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Those dangling stars are fabulous, Chupa! Love the ruffled ribbon up above too. Darling little birdie too! Great work on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! Have visited your blog lots of times and I love what you do, always very beautiful :)

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Iwona! I really love the stars and the way you worked the sketch and the braclet colors both into it. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you even begin to suggest that last card isn't creative! I love your inking and the dimension the birdie has!
    Your first card is just super sweet! How on earth do you do this every night?! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little bird card and metal brads for the Tea Room challenge this week ... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both fabulous Iwona!!! Love the colours and how you used the stars on the first one and the second is so fun with the sweet tweeter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! That background matches the inspiration photo perfectly!! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE both of your cards! I've always loved hanging hearts or stars on cards. The background on the first card looks exactly like our inspo pic! Thanks for playing in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards! I love how that striped BG paper matches the beads on our inspiration photo this week. Love the hanging stars and all the wonderful stitching. The birdie card is super tweet, too. Great take on that sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards, I love the colour schemes,both very different. I especially like the star card, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweet dreams card is amazing! I love it. The birdy one is beautiful too but the first definitely steals the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chupa your cards are amazing!! I love your take on the first sketch with the inspirational photo, just beautiful. And really? The second one is a no-brainer? OH MY WORD!! It would have taken me a while to come up with that concept!!! Gorgeous, as always!
    Thank you so much for joining in on the sketch this week at TPE!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Work Iwona!!

    Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are fabulous and so scrumptious, Iwona! I just sigh everytime I see your stuff! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZERS - just visited your blog for the first time and so glad I found it!! Your work is amazing!!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card!! Congrats with your top 5 nomination Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012