Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Ugh! What a day...

It's been one of these days, when in the end you don't remember what your name is any more... Mind you, I can't say that it was an unpleasant day - quite contrary! I just had so much to do, that I couldn't even think about creating anything. All in all, I think it did me good. You know that with my everyday stamping, mojo sometimes simply needs a little rest - and I think mine does now :)
(until tomorrow, that is!)
Don't assume that I don't have anything new for you, then! I most certainly do :) In late evening I sat down and tried to get creative. They're not bad, the two new cards - I just think that they were created sort of mechanically. Perhaps I didn't enjoy it as much as I usually do...

The first card just for the SC295 sketch:

Photobucket

Supplies:cardstock: DCWV; paper: Basic Grey (Nook & Pantry); stamps: Basic Grey; ink: Versa Color (Pinecone), Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye Duo); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; lace trim; satin ribbon; sewing machine; pearls: Kaisercraft

Here's the sketch:
Photobucket

...and another one for CPS181, Embellish Quirky-Cutesy-Clean Style, and A Passion For Papertrey's Polka Dots challenge:

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: Basic Grey; stamps: Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon; stamps: Papertrey Ink (polka dots), Hero Arts (bird); ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink (Frayed Burlap), Versa Color (Umber); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations; baker's twine; buttons; sewing machine

The sketch & colours here:
Photobucket Photobucket

Oh, and I almost forgot... check out my new badge :)



I need to go to sleep now... but I'll see you tomorrow! Thank you for visiting! xxx
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I wish my mechanical "going through the motions" cards were this phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wished that I could make such fab cards when I'm in mechanical-card-making mode!!!
    So sweet and shabby chic with the teapot - just my kinda drink (and sentiment!)
    Oh how cute your second card is - totally rocked the embellish challenge and our polka dot challenge too!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple and wonderful card! I love the kraft background with the small bits of color mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so sweet! I know just what you mean. Sometimes a little rest is just what our mojo needs! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with your Embellish card (but I ALWAYS am!!)

    Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!! Your ability to make all these layers and patterns work is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012