Monday, 13 September 2010

Cracked glass technique

This is my third post for today (well, first one for me, but my blog is set to American EST ;)) Please scroll down for the older posts - the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop post can be found HERE. Thanks!

Thanks to the wonderful "Just Us Girls", I finally tried the uber cool cracked glass technique! I'm so glad that I did, for it's truly a magnificent one :) Even though my UTEE seemed to have cooled down in an instant after I switched the heat gun off, and therefore I was having problem applying more than a single layer, I still enjoyed the process (and effect!) very much. Thanks for pushing my limits, girls! :)

Apart from the JUGS50 Technique Challenge, I made this one for the F4A29 sketch.

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: Kaisercraft; stamps: JustRite, TPC Studio; ink: StazOn (Timber Brown), Versa Color (Sand Beige, Umber); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; sewing machine; trim & ric-rac ribbon; clear UTEE: Stampendous; buttons

Here's the sketch:

Photobucket

I hope you like it! Thanks for peeking in, have a wonderful day! (mine is SUPER - so far!...)
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, this is fabulous! I love the look of the cracked glass on the snowman, and the buttons and trim are just perfect! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! What a fabulous technique, and it is perfect for the image you chose. I love the buttons peeking out from underneath the focal panel and that gorgeous trim. Fantastic work, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous! The cracked glass technique looks great and I really like what you did with the border of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique, Your card is great! like the little buttons round the focal panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa...gorgeous card and fabulous use of the cracked class technique. Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chupa! This is gorgeous! I've never tried the cracked glass technique, but I bought some ep to try it - so hopefully I'll soon get some time to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!
    Very pretty card! love your use of buttons too. Gonna have to CASE!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naprawde piekna kartka! Tez probowalam tej techniki, ale moje "szklo" nie chcialo popekac! Masz jakas rade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful image, and I love how you did the layout. I think the buttons are such a very clever add on!

    Thank you for sharing your talent!
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice effect but I also like the little buttons back behind!

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa this is paper perfection!!!! I love your cracked glass image with the subtle inking of the cracks and the fabulous buttons around the image! Gorgeous!!! Wonderful take on the cracked glass technique and thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great sketch. Your interpretation of it isw wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, I love how you thought to place your buttons. Clever

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE IT!! Thanks for getting crackin with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I use the ultra thick embossing powder when doing this technique... it helps me out because it doesn't dry so quickly. LOL!!! :) I really love your cards. You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012