Saturday, 4 September 2010

Feeling sugared

Hello! I'm so glad that weekend is here! Nevermind that it started busily, but how I love the buzz when the whole family is around. It's been a lovely day, and tomorrow is going to be great too - it's Father's Day in Australia! We're going to visit Michael's (hubby) parents, which is always a treat. Also, it's going to be his very first Father's Day... awww :)

Today I've got a very 'sweet' treat for you. Why, you're asking? I've been asked by the Sugar Babies (the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps challenge blog DT girls) to be their Guest Designer for September! You can officially call me a sweetie now... :)
Today launched their first challenge for the month, and the sketch looks fantastic:

Photobucket

I was in the mood for something different, when I started working on my sample, and came up with this:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: Kaisercraft; stamps: Kaisercraft; ink: ColorBox; glitter: Reeves; edge distresser; sewing machine; brads; sentiment sticker (I don't remember...); string; decorative chalks: Pebbles; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen

I hope you'll find the time to stop by The Sweet Stop blog, and check out the gorgeous samples, that the girls prepared this week. Perhaps you'll to play along too? :)

The colours on this card turned out to be corresponding with PDCC45:

Photobucket

I've got a couple more colours on it, but the "core" is there *wink*

I'd like to take an opportunity and show you one more card, that I made this morning. I saw a few friends playing with this week's Viva La Verve sketch (VLVSep2010), and I really liked it. After discovering that the inspiration photos are terrific too, I decided to take part...
Here is the result:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Artarama, Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist), DCWV; paper: Kaszazz, unknown; stamp: Spesch Designs; ink: StazOn (Jet Black); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; sewing machine; sentiment sticker: SRM Stickers; Cuttlebug Textile embossing floder; vintage buttons; string

Here's the said sketch and inspiration photo of my choice:

Photobucket Photobucket

Thanks for visiting & have a happy, relaxing weekend! xxx
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. We're so glad to have you as a guest Sugar Baby this month! I've always been an admirer of your work and the cards that you created today are fabulous! God bless and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your first card is just STUNNING, the color and pattern and texture are amazing! And the 2nd card is so ADORABLE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the richness and layering of colors on your PDCC card! Thanks for joining us again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I am loving these, especially the little girls with your spectacular colouring- what a gorgeous image to use. you have definately rocked this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, wonderful use of color for this weeks PDCC, thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lovely cards, Iwona. Love those elegantly rich colors of the PDCC card and the wonderful coloring job on the Verve card. Glad you could play along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know HOW you do it but I see your name EVERYWHERE!! Your cards are lovely and I'm drawn to the funky tree, very FUN! You must have some secret workers stashed away under your craft desk, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both fabulous, but I do especially love the one using this week's play date colours. I really love trees like this, based on a circular design, and you've set them off brilliantly on this card. Thanks so much for playing along at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa--you ROCK! I just love visiting your site;) These cards are STUNNING! So many layers and details! I love that little girl on the second one! I just love that first one though--the layers of stitching and paper...FAB! I need to get more 3D on my cards;) LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012