Saturday, 23 October 2010

Wedding card

As promised, here's one more post for tonight! I spent a wee bit more time on this card that I had in my plans, but I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I hope that I will have a chance to actually use it, 'cause it's wedding-themed!
The current challenge at A Passion For Papertrey is to CASE one of the PTI DT girls, and I knew that I'm going to head over to Niki Estes' blog. There's nothing that she makes that I wouldn't love. She's got a knack for design, and some unreal colouring skills. I chose to CASE this card of her, using Year Of Flowers - Rose set from PTI. What a stunner that is!

I stuck pretty much to everything from her card, but I added a couple of extras - pearls & a few drops of Glossy Accents on the rose, to imitate dew. I also decorated the inside, so when the time comes the card is ready to be used! This also qualifies my card for the current Caardvarks challenge, which is to decorate the project inside & out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Artarama, kraft; paper: Basic Grey (Cappella), Bo Bunny; stamps: Papertrey Ink (Year Of Flowers - Rose); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Versa Color (Umber); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; sewing machine; pearls: Kaisercraft; Glossy Accents by Ranger

The colours are loosely based on JAI40:

Photobucket

It turned out lovely, didn't it? :) Thank you for visiting, my friends! I will most certainly see you at some stage tomorrow!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wow - that's beautiful! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the rose and great touch with the dew drops. Love the papers.
    Thanks for playing with JAI this week
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card I love the flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally delightful Iwona. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Stunning just doesn't cover it. This is SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card Iwona, your treatment of that rose is just sensational. What a great choice of card for our CASE challenge, thanks for joining in.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you are soo amazing with your cards chupa. i dont know how you come up with these every week, you blog is inspiring. love your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Love your CASE, hope you don't mind if I CASE off you now! heehee. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is so exceptional, so stunning and so beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and the dewdrops look gorgeous.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chupa, - simply stunning creation. Just saw you won 2nd place on Caardvarks....woohoooo for you. Delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012