Wednesday, 20 October 2010

My SCS challenge, and a card set!

Good evening everybody! I'm squeezing this little number before my bedtime - I didn't want to leave you with nothing today!

I hope that many of you take part in Splitcoast Stampers Hope You Can Cling To challenges!
We are proud to partner with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center for a month long card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer.

We are kicking this campaign off on World Cardmaking Day - a day of celebration of the power of a handmade card. We encourage papercrafters across the globe to put their talents to work creating beautiful handmade cards to send to patients and their families at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, and, in the process, turn our gallery pink!

There will be special challenges in our Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum and our Member Company forums to inspire you throughout the month, and we will have some fun giveaways, including of course, some pink!

Today is my turn to host the challenge, and I prepared a sketch with a 'twist' for you! The 'twist' is to make a dance-themed card!
I used the lovely cheerleader stamp from Hero Arts:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Artarama; paper: Basic Grey; stamp: Hero Arts, Hampton Art; Copic markers; ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Versa Color (Cinnamon); satin ribbon: Sullivans; brads; pearls: Kaisercraft; border punch: EK Success; scallop scissors; glitter: Reeves; rub-ons (letters): Fynmark; button; cotton twine

...and here is the sketch for you:

Photobucket

Click here to play, and make sure to use the code HYCCT20 if you upload your creation to SCS.

I've also got this mini card set:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apart from being made for Flourishes' Bring Back Beautiful "The Beauty of a Gift" challenge, it's also going to be my first ever workshop. Woohoo! I'm super excited, but frankly, also a bit nervous :) I hope I'm able to teach people anything!

Now I really got to go, tomorrow is going to be busy BUSY! and I need a fresh & rested mind...
I hope you enjoyed these, have a fab day/good night! xxx
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You'll be brilliant in your workshop! I'd LOVE to have you teach me!! Love your cards, they're gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Danille said!! I don't know how you manage to be so creative and busy. LOVE your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used that flower set, Chupa! The image in black is fabulous! Darling first card too. You'll do just fine with your first class :) I'm sure they will see the talent oozing from you and want to capture some for themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card, gorgeous and elegant gift card set and I'm sure you were FANTASTIC at your workshop!!! I would loved to be there!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012